Hi folks (and a belated Merry Christmas and Ho-Ho-Ho);

It's time for my next upgrade to my system and I'm thinking about getting another CD player. I currently use a 5 disc Teac that I bought for around $90 at Sam's several years ago. I've been pleased with it and it still operates fine. I've read about how a better than "cheap" player really does deliver better unaltered sound quality and that it is able to bring out nuances to the music that inexpensive play can't.

I do plan to go into one of my two local HiFi shops to try to listen and judge for myself (if they'll let me play). [I hate going in and taking up someone's time when the chances are real strong that I'm going to buy someplace else.]

Anyhow, on to my question.

Have any of you gone through a similar upgrade and what kind of differences / improvements did you note?

From what I've seen, I should be able to get a pretty good previously owned player for around $300. (Rega, Rotel, Adcom, Cambridge, and California are some of the brands that I've heard good things about that I could probably afford.

Any thoughts and comments would be welcome. By the way, I'll be running this through my 1050 to drive my MA Silver 5's.

Oh, and congratulations Scott.

Chris