Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
Morel is a Dynaudio licensee? That’s very interesting, I know Dynaudio is Danish and Morel I believe based in Israel.

Well, I'm not totally sure what the relationship is between the companies. I'm not even totally sure it's correct to say that Morel liscences any technology from Dynaudio. If they do, it's probably for the voice coils, which use "hexagonally wound" wires.

There's some weird stuff going on with Morel. There was a stink going around about them a little while ago. I think originally they were based in England (I could be wrong there). I think the Isreal manufacturing was having some QC problems for a while. Maybe someone else here has some more accurate info.

As far as their home audio drivers go, they are pretty good. Their mid/bass drivers haven't really changed much, and are no longer as "technically advanced" as they once were. Their tweeters seem to be held in higher regard than their mid/bass drivers.

Bear in mind that their car audio stuff isn't much different from the home audio stuff, so you really are looking at a product geared towards accurate sound reproduction, rather than "flashy cool looks". Same goes for Focal. I believe that Dynaudio is also selling auto speakers now. Vifa and Seas both sell auto drivers, but to my knowledge, they don't have complete systems (including crossovers).

Jason