The thread title was just a play on the movie title. Partly chosen because a key element of the movie centers on cars and mainly picked as I hoped for responses ‘fast & furiously’ if any at the forum had thoughts. On the day I first posted the sons BD was in 2/3 more days and I knew nothing about car audio brands soooo I had to put the pedal to the metal.

Fortunately this purchase was put on hold when he suddenly have to have springs to fix an issue on the stang and asked for those instead. But now he’s saved enough money to start looking and we are going to try to do some listening tests. He found a brand he wants me to hear, I believe called “Audiobauhn”, (not sure of spelling). And digging (a little) into this myself I have become interested in ‘Focal’, just looked up some dealers around here who carry these. (Also want to hear RF Infinity’s, Boston, Pioneer etc).

Many I’m interested in are offering component sets only, which will not work for this car. These need to be coaxial, 2 or 3 way combo units. With a sub added later to the trunk.