"used just about every paycheck earned there on my car."

That’s my son! He saves several hundred and then does something else. Right now he’s wheeling and dealing on a combo Christmas present, something to do with some new heads which he will chip in on also.

I’ll have to ask him this afternoon what issues they ran into with those wheels, I know they had them. Can not remember if they modified the wheel wells on the fronts. I know when ordering the custom Currie 9” for the rear end; they specified 1” shorter than stock to give those back wheels enough width clearance. He did install the stiffer springs and said that fixed the bottoming out, but we’ll see?

"I learned just how tail-happy an old V8 hot rod can be, and have the tickets to prove it!' These kinds of cars are not really my style, but the other day I got a yen to drive it. My son is rigid in his rules surrounding this mustang, Rule #1: No one drives it but him. We were standing out front and I said, “Hand me the keys” His mouth literally opened up and he stuttered for a second, before he could speak, ..(timing is everything) I tilted my head raised an eyebrow and gave THE LOOK.

I have to say I was impressed with it and my husband, who rode with me, ruined my image as he repeated to all the guys my comments along the line of “I sure would like to find a straight away with no Boys in Blue around” That thing was a dream to drive, clutch was glass smooth, steering dead on, (the suspension is kinda hard on a female, stiff as an older model Viper which I have ridden in). I didn’t worry about breaking those sticky tires loose. But I really don’t have the muscle in my forearms to pull the width of those tires around with its manual steering, unless it has some forward momentum.
They are having one issue which is the main reason my son will not allow anyone to handle this car. It is reputed to have a really vicious bump steer, I was careful to try not to experience that, throwing my right hand back on the wheel after every shift and using my left thigh as friction against the bottom of the steering wheel in case it occurred. They intend to try adding? to reduce this wicked behavior. I attended with them last Saturday an open house in Dallas @ Dallas Mustang, a large parts supplier. The car is not finished yet but they entered it in the open house show. It won ‘Best in Show’ 64 to 73 class.

Thanks Benjamin! - for the mention of Cructhfield, I have not looked at that site for these (I find them a little high in pricing sometimes) but it would be a good resource just to learn by seeing several products lumped in one spot. The son put the speakers on the back burner, (partly due to the car show), I’ve told him when he has time, we’ll go together and listen/look where ever he chooses.
PS Oaf: Dont those Morel Supremo tweeters look good!!!. But 500 a pair!

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited October 25, 2002).]