NADA…..

Now I have extended time to research this. This son usually sets his sights and sticks to it. But he came in 2 days ago and told us, he changed his mind now he wants springs for the front end of the stang. Springs have already been replaced, but they put 245’s on the front /255’s on the back. (Firestone Firehawk ZR’s)
The car has just hit the road the last 2 weeks fairly regularly after a 2-year restoration. Now he thinks that the 245’s on the front are going to be a problem without stiffer springs. So he asked if we’d buy springs instead.
It’s been a huge project and I’m excited for them. My son and husband have done all the work. As soon as the new mufflers come in at Dallas Mustang. It goes to the muffler shop, (it’s got the old mufflers rigged now). And that will be the first item that will have been installed or done at a ‘shop’. I wish I had a digital camera, I need to borrow one, and load (somewhere) some pics for you guys. This project is why I ended up doing ALL the A/V lately. Since it’s eaten up all my husbands spare time for 2 years.

It’s a high school graduation gift for my son. And he’s matched all the money we have put into the car with money he’s earned himself. The total bill so far stands at about 14K. It’s a ridiculous amount to spend on parts alone (no labor bill) on an old 68 coupe. 88 5.0 302 motor (totaled out of another car with 6 thousand miles on the odometer)
9” Currie 350 traction lock
Manual rack & pinion by Total Control
4 wheel disc Baer brakes / Painless wiring Kit / New Vintage Air system
Cam/port polish heads/intake/carb/headers etc.
Pro Comp ultralite gauges. / New bucket seats / back seat reupholstered.
New sheet-metal in the rear-quarter panels / Paint stripped to bare-metal
Black w silver racing stripes (Shelby Style)
New 66 GT Shelby Hood / California Special Trunk
Shelby Oil-Cooler Valance on front/Shelby Side brake coolers (they are functional not just for looks)

The car amazingly enough (I was doubtful, way back when) looks tasteful, sporty, and classic (not a hodgepodge) I was shocked and floored by how well it turned out. He was just offered 30K for it last week. So they DID good.

Am I boasting and running on about it….yessss…sorry!!!!….but I’ve given up a lot myself the last 2 yrs to support this ‘car pit’ project of theirs.
Bottom line, Since no-ones even allowed by my son to put a finger on the paint. I realized the first day, I asked you all for help on the speakers, that my son and I are going to have to coordinate on shopping for speakers since I don’t understand his installation parameters. He won’t change a single thing in the interior. Which means no tweeters, and something that will fit in the existing front round opening’s and the rear backseat deck 6x9 ovals.
Knowing nothing about Auto sound, I guess he intends to have any amps in the trunk with his eventual subw. We need to go shop together (me for speaker sound/spec help, him for what will fit/work/wire).

My DSL went kaput on me right after I posted this and had seen about 2 posts (but before I got a chance to reply back). Just got back on-line late last night, (it was service provider problem) but it was a killer workload today. Thanks for all the help!! If we do the springs and not the speakers I still know the second he saves the money he will be purchasing. So we’ll start shopping now, and see what we can learn.