A son has a Birthday Friday, and has requested 4 speakers for his 68 mustang. He just bought himself a
Pioneer DEH-P840MP, which he researched himself, (and I must add, - he most likely purchased for the dang graphics)

He said “Mom” you know enough about sound now, I’ll let you pick them.
I don’t know anything about car audio speakers, any suggestions? I did a quick look at one individual's CES report on car audio, and a couple of car audio buffs, general statements listing badges on Sound Domain.

Not one of the ‘reviewers’ said a word about ‘sound’! They listed brands and specs, then went on to spend more time detailing the size of the motor and the rims and paintjob describing the 'car' in which the audio setup was installed.

This son I would have classed as a Sub banger last year, (every time he drove my car I found my bass trim at 100%). But I rode with him this week in the mustang, and he has learned (a little) sense, he was explaining since the current speakers are blown, he has his trims dialed back for the moment otherwise it ‘sounds’ terrible. (before he would have played them at full blaring fuzz regardless of sonic mutilation involved.)

Would, um, roughly 400? do 4 speakers with decent frequency range and build? He mentioned 2 rounds, can’t remember 6/7/8 diam. (fronts) and 2 ovals/rectangle 6x8? (backs). He wants a subw too, but just asked for the 4 speakers at the moment.

Any recommendations? What will 4hundred buy? After the quick surf I saw Rockford Fosgate (a name that sounds promising) mentioned in car audio. Any suggestions, prior research in this arena I can drawn on. Things are a mess here, I barely have time to look into Outlaw for the next while, so could really use some advice from people I trust.