Quote:
don't ever, ever, ever, refer to any studio exec, no matter what they've done, as a boob(instant termination).

Hmm, apparently Ron doesn't know too many studio executives. I know a few and the preceding evaluation would be just a simple statement of fact.

I've been verbally abused many times on other forums just for expressing a positive opinion about the Outlaw 950, so I have some sympathy with forum moderators censoring the obnoxious. But, of course, that isn't what has been mentioned here. The examples above really do represent excessive moderator muscle in most cases.

FWIW, here's another suggestion. Go to ANY HT forum and try to discuss another HT forum. See what happens. For example, I happen to think that the lengthy DVD reviews posted on an unnamed forum are consistently uninformed, pretentious, and poorly written. But try to find a place where you can express that opinion. ("Oh, WE don't discuss OTHER forums here....")

Why should I care? Well, because I think it's a shame that film and DVD craftsmen have their best work evaluated publically by someone who has no more education or qualification in the area than my Aunt Tilly. And because of the nature of the medium, there isn't even a Letters to the Editor option to file a contrary opinion.

The Internet is great. It isn't perfect.

[This message has been edited by bobliinds (edited September 17, 2002).]