Quote:
Originally posted by steves:
Or, it might be you really like dvd-a better- which is ok, too! Me- I think both of them have a lot to offer in comparison to redbook cd. Having said that, you can still buy a crappy recording done in either format. By the way, are you comparing 2 channel, multi-channel or both?

I think it's the sound in general. Granted I dont have the same recording on both sources, however the DVD-A sounds fuller to me.

Now I realize that this may not be a fair compairasent, given that my DVD-A player (Denon DVM 4800) costs a whole lot more then my SACD player (Sony CE775), but even with a JVC DVD-A that I used before the upgrade, the sound was noticibly more realistic to me then the SACD.

I think what is making me scratch my head is that I own a DVD-A that was recorded in DSD (1812 Ovature-Telarc label) which to me sounds realy constrained when compaired to my other DVD-A's (Blue Man Group, Koyanaskyssi, The Beethovin Symphonies conducted by Baremboim).

That's why I wanted to pos this, just to see what other opinions were out there concerning MLP and DSD.

Jason