My family had a "hi-fi". It was a turntable (record-player as they were called then) with 2 speakers attached. It folded into sort of a suitcase, and the speakers buckled closed to the sides. Then my older brother (by 12 yrs) went to college. He came home with a Sansui integrated amp, a Pioneer tuner,Altec Lansing speakers, and a Dual turntable (1973). I was hooked. I was 15 when I needed a Sony receiver, a Technics turntable and tape deck, and a beautiful pair of EPI speakers. From there I moved to Klipsch Fortes and Kg4s, NAD electronics all around, a Dual turntable and an AudioControl EQ. That 2 channel system lasted until my wife asked for smaller speakers or in-walls. She got Klipsch Quintets (don't laugh, if set up in the right spot they sound really sweet) and I got an SVS 16-46 PCi. In the last few months I picked up a brand new Parasound HCA 855 amp and hope to get my Outlaw 950 in a few days. We went to DVD and moved the old stereo to the basement.Also included was a Behringer BFD for the sub. I don't upgrade like others here, mainly because my NAD is sweet. I do, however, follow the industry, and finally decided I needed to dive into surround sound.

[This message has been edited by willscary (edited September 12, 2002).]