I've had a Magnovox portable stereo since 1995. I didn't really get into anything until I purchased my own computer during college in 2000. I upgraded from the standard set to Creative Labs FPS2000 pretty quickly. I used those for a couple years (remember, in college we had no money really!).

I made a friend there who was nuts about home theater and he got me into it more. For my final semester last fall, I bought a set of Klipsch 5.1 ProMedias (it's really a computer set) and hooked them up to my DVD player. My room was 12'x12', so these had more than enough power to fill it, and the rooms next door. I could hear the sub 5 rooms down. The guy in the next room had a some type of Klipsch HT sub. His was more powerful, but I thought it sounded horribly muddy compared to mine. Maybe his placement was just bad.

Anyway, last Christmas I recieved a pair of Bose 301s that I put into my current setup as the mains. Now, I have the Klipsch set up in my room hooked to my computer with a new Sound Blaster Audigy card. Holy cripes is it loud. Before, they could make my ears feel a little funny and leave a ringing, but with this card in there it just hurts to leave it up all the way. DVDs sound great, CDs distort a bit too easy (MP3s sound a hair better for some reason @128 Mbit encoding).

Now I am in the market for a reciver and am waiting for my tax return to come so I can afford it.

My equipment:
TV: Panasonic 27"
(DVD actually on parents TV, but it's the same type)
DVD: Toshiba SD2200
VCR: Panasonic something good
Speakers: Bose 301

Computer:
Dell Dimension XPST 700 MHz PIII
512 MB RAM
17" Dell Trinitron (read Sony) monitor
SB Audigy sound card
Hercules GeForce 2 GTS video card
Toshiba M1216 DVD drive (I think)
Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speakers

Want to upgrade to a screaming fast machine as soon as I get a good job. I'm very happy to be in the HT game and glad to be in the Outlaw forum.

[This message has been edited by BenjaminRigby (edited May 05, 2002).]