How about a brief story as to how we came to be interested in Home Theater or Stereo?

I started in high school, walking through Price Club (now COSTCO), and looking at the stereos. I looked at all the AIWA and other such all-in-one bookshelf systems, but then I saw to things that changed my life (how's that for drama?). I saw a TEAC receiver (100 watts/ch) for $149.00, and a pair of KLH speakers (FOUR 8" woofers, two in front, two in back, 5 1/2" midrange, 1" tweeter) for $300.00/pr. I bought those and rocked! My parents built a room for me in the detached garage because I was too annoying.

That's how it all started. Here is a list of equipment that I have or have had:
TEAC receiver
TEAC 5 disc CD changer
KLH tower speakers
Polk Audio 10" sub
Infinity bookshelf speakers (2 pairs)
Infinity center channel
Harman/Kardon receiver (I loved this piece)
Pioneer LD player
Phillips 27" TV
Hitachi Hi-Fi VCR
Atlantic Tech 12" sub
*Pair of Definitive Technology 15" subs
DefTech towers (BP6?)
Energy Take 5 (not energy sub, though)
Polk Audio bi/di-polar surrounds
*Sony 5 disc CD changer
*Toshiba DVD player (first year's model)
*Toshiba progressive scan DVD (5700)
*Mitsubishi 55" HDTV
*Atlantic Technology 370 THX speaker system
*Kenwood DD/DTS receiver (can't stand - I bought for digital decoding, which was brand new when I got it, but now I can't wait to get funds together for 950/770)

*-Indicates that I still own.

There may be some more items I missed, but that's pretty thorough. My friends and family love me, because I have never sold any of my gear - I just give it away.

Anyway, I would be interested in reading about other people and how they got addicted, and where there journey has taken them.

------------------
Benjamin King
benjaminking@yahoo.com