Quote:
First off, Remote control is difficult to use. Main volume takes 2 seconds of pushing before 950 reacts. replaced batteries - no change. I have a logitec harmony and it does fine...any recommendations?
I'm not sure why the remote is behaving oddly. Is anything other than volume affected? For what it's worth, the Harmony should have the 950 in its database so you should be able to retire the original remote. After all these years, my wife still says that our universal remote is the best upgrade we've ever made to the system. The first remote to get that praise was an MX-500, but the MX-700 and MX-900 have also been popular once I got their setup dialed in.
Quote:
Second - picture quality is fair to my Visio 720P 37" LCD TV. Currently using monster S-Video cables...should I hook up the HDMI output of the DCD direct to the TV for Viewing?
If you are using s-video from your DVD/VCR, you are right smack in the middle of the road for output options from that source: both component and HDMI offer the potential for video improvement, with HDMI generally being the recommended video option these days if it's available.

Are you using the Vizio's over-the-air tuner to get HD television broadcasts? If so, I'd suggest connecting the TV's digital audio output (probably optical) to the 950 so you can get Dolby Digital 5.1 when it is available.
Quote:
Third - two of my digital input covers are missing, any one know of a source to replace these?
I do not, although I've somehow accumulated a collection of them over the years from various components. It shouldn't hurt anything for them to be missing.