Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#97430 - 12/27/17 02:29 PM Re: 976 Initial Impressions after 24 hours [Re: bbaggin5]
Deromax Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shawinigan, PQ, Canada
The CD media, players and related equipment with S/PDIF inputs are in existance and working well toghether for the last 35 years. Except for HDMI equipment that seem different. So I considere this as a loss of basic functionality. You may think otherwise.

One of the goal of laying near a grand on a digital device is using it to its fullest. Using analog IN means bypassing the excellent DA converters I paid for, hence me not considereing analog IN as a suitable solution. YMMV.

I understand that we all have differing acceptance to this or that situation. Take that example : Some are complaining about the very bright blue Power button being a distraction. This is irrelevant to me because my gear is not visible from my couch so I never see it while watching a movie. I personnally think that this is proper home theater ergonomy but understand that other may like having their gear by their screen, so they are bothered by the bright light. Different strokes for different folks! smile

If I tell you to put a black tape over the bright light, yes it works, but is it an elegant solution for a high end product? This is the same thing as using an analog connexion to link two digital devices.

I may very well be in a small minority with this issue. I'm now realizing this. It looks like no solution will emerge here nor from Outlaw, so I'll work on workarounds by myself and suspend my discussing of this matter here before being ejected hahaha!!

Thanks all and have a nice holiday! smile

Edited by Deromax (12/27/17 04:09 PM)

" I hear no highs, I feel no lows, it sounds like crap, it must be Bose "

#97431 - 12/27/17 06:50 PM Re: 976 Initial Impressions after 24 hours [Re: bbaggin5]
ppellegrini Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Lima, OH, US
My wife made me wait until after Christmas to hook up my 976. Previously used a 950. With my 976, I've only been playing for 24 hours, but the following:

- the TRIGGER quit working within the first 12 hours - possibly due to turning on HDMI bypass, but flipping it back to off, doesn't seem to matter. I have confirmed TRIGGERS are ON in the INPUT SETUP. For now, I'll just let the AMP (Outlaw 7700) stay on all the time - pulled the trigger wire.

- My amp (Outlaw 7700) uses RCA connectors - I am using RCA cables with PCA connectors from Outlaw that have tightening ends - with the density of the connectors on the 976, it is nearly impossible to tighten or loosen these RCA connectors.

- the REMOTE has a nice heft, but the lack of button sizing has me counting - to get volume, count 3/4 button first column up from the bottom. Not really what I would consider user friendly. While I am okay counting, my wife is going to find that just plain dumb.

- the BRIGHT BLUE power button overwhelms. My equipment is near the TV and the power button is just simply too bright (whatever happened to the green power button, which is much easier on the eyes)...

- seems I have to push the remote buttons twice frequently to get anything to happen. I'm not sure if it is just me. The equipment is out in the open.

Will contact support in a couple weeks as I learn more... ordered a couple short HDMI to clean up the install

Outlaw 976 / Outlaw 770
Pioneer Elite PRO-950HD Plasma
Klipsch RS7 sides & backs
Klipsch RC7 center
Klipsch Forte fronts
Klipsch RSW12 sub
Sony BDP-S301
Motorola DCH6416

Edited by ppellegrini (12/27/17 06:51 PM)

#97435 - 12/28/17 01:03 AM Re: 976 Initial Impressions after 24 hours [Re: bbaggin5]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
The trigger issue hasn't shown up before. Check the cable to make sure it isn't bad and that it is fully inserted on both ends.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#97436 - 12/28/17 12:16 PM Re: 976 Initial Impressions after 24 hours [Re: ppellegrini]
Outlaw Ben Offline

Gunslinger

Originally Posted By ppellegrini

- the TRIGGER quit working within the first 12 hours - possibly due to turning on HDMI bypass, but flipping it back to off, doesn't seem to matter. I have confirmed TRIGGERS are ON in the INPUT SETUP. For now, I'll just let the AMP (Outlaw 7700) stay on all the time - pulled the trigger wire.

Did you do this on each input, in the input setup? Please note the triggers are input specific. Have you checked your cable for continuity or tried another 1/8" mono cable?

Originally Posted By ppellegrini

- seems I have to push the remote buttons twice frequently to get anything to happen. I'm not sure if it is just me. The equipment is out in the open.

Drue from the forum also contacted me about this. I would note this is normal for the surr mode button as well as the TEST button. The first press of the surr mode button shows the current incoming format, a second press is needed to change post processing modes (if applicable). The first press of the TEST button bring up the option of having test tone on or off while adjusting channel levels, and so a selection is needed before proceeding.

Outside of this, I would note that Plasmas are known for IR interference and it seems both you and Drue are using them. If it is interfering with the Outlaw remote, I would bet you are probably getting shorter working range as well? The remotes are tested to work over 20ft away and 45 degrees off axis.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts