Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#99202 - 03/29/21 11:42 AM Clarifying what bass management / subwoofer does
Brian 2160 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Florida
Hi everyone,
I just got a Dayton sub 1200 as a start sub for my music room; I was curious to see what effect it would have. I'd like to understand what frequencies are sent to the sub AND to the speaker when I use the bass management switch on the back.

I understand that when the switch is engaged (60/80/100 setting) then those frequencies and below are sent to the sub. But do the remaining higher frequencies ALONE get sent to the speakers, or does the full frequency range always get sent to the speakers, regardless of bass settings?

I'm using tower speakers mostly, but also have ELAC B6.2 hooked up as my "B" speakers and alternate between them and the towers. I'm curious to know if the full spectrum of music is ALWAYS sent to the speakers.

PS: If there's ever a firmware upgrade I'd love a feature that turn off all lights on the unit, for true dark room listening. Also a feature that would show what sample depth and bit rate and data format the DAC was working with, just so I could confirm I'm receiving what I *think* I'm receiving. Love my amp smile

#99234 - 07/30/21 02:45 PM Re: Clarifying what bass management / subwoofer does [Re: Brian 2160]
Brian 2160 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Florida
Replying to my own question, I looked more closely at the manual and it gives the answer.

Re: the 60/80/100/BP switch, when you pick one of the numbers:

This switch lets you adjust the internal
crossover (bass management system) to route
user-selected low frequencies to the
subwoofer output (R25) while the rest of the
audio signal is sent to the amplifier and then to
the main loudspeakers.

If you pick BP then it sends the full spectrum signal to the sub AND the speakers as well.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts