Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#99161 - 01/27/21 08:26 PM Auto Setup FAIL!!!!!!!!
DaveWoj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ft Johnson, NY
Tried the auto setup with microphone.

It got through mains and one surround, then failed because it could not find the other speakers.

Need to find all the glitches in 30 days if I'm going to return this thing.

Any suggestions?

#99162 - 01/28/21 09:20 AM Re: Auto Setup FAIL!!!!!!!! [Re: DaveWoj]
DaveWoj Offline
Gunslinger

I want to be clear on what is happening.

The test tones go through the mains and one surround. Then the fail error comes up and tells me the other speakers are not connected.

Manual level trim works fine.

Thanks for anyone's help on this.

#99163 - 01/28/21 11:31 AM Re: Auto Setup FAIL!!!!!!!! [Re: DaveWoj]
reet Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

All speakers make noise when you manually run through the test tones? Volume is sufficient when running the auto-setup? (at least normal speaking volume). I'm not sure it matters, but make sure all speakers that are not connected are set to off in the setup, for example if you only have 5.1 system, the rear surround speakers would be set to off.

Keep in mind that the auto setup does not complete any EQ, only sets speaker levels and distance values.

Edited by reet (01/28/21 11:33 AM)

#99164 - 01/28/21 05:39 PM Re: Auto Setup FAIL!!!!!!!! [Re: DaveWoj]
DaveWoj Offline
Gunslinger

Hi Reet,

I must be an idiot because I cannot find where to set the speakers to OFF.
The auto setup went better this time but I only have one rear back (left rear used as a center rear)
I am getting a fail because it says the Right back is not connected, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the setting is to shut off that speaker.

I'm going to look again.

#99165 - 01/28/21 05:46 PM Re: Auto Setup FAIL!!!!!!!! [Re: DaveWoj]
DaveWoj Offline
Gunslinger

I went into speaker config and it only gives me the option to have none or small for surround back. But I am using 1 surround back as a center. So I made it none and now the auto setup works but didn't find my rear back so I guess I'll need to set that manually.

#99166 - 01/28/21 06:29 PM Re: Auto Setup FAIL!!!!!!!! [Re: DaveWoj]
DaveWoj Offline
Gunslinger

OK, I must be the only person on the planet that uses one surround back in the center.
Apparently Outlaw either didn't allow for that in their auto setup or they assume nobody does that.
I didn't think I would have a reason to set my surround back to "none" when I actually had one.

I don't see where that is addressed anywhere in the manual but after setting up all the speakers in auto mode, I was able to go back and set up the rear back manually.

Very confusing and frustrating but it's finally solved.

Thanks for the help Reet.

#99168 - 01/29/21 10:42 PM Re: Auto Setup FAIL!!!!!!!! [Re: DaveWoj]
reet Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Yes, off = none = I don't have any of these speakers hooked up.

So you have a 6.1 setup, rather than the normal 5.1 or 7.1? I think that's rather uncommon, can't speak for what the 976 will do there, but you'd need it to down mix the 2 rear surround channels to a single mono channel. I'm not sure it has any option for this. When you select rear surround it expects 2 speakers, so it makes sense that the auto config runs into issues here, one speaker is not connected.

Glad to hear you are on your way.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts