Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#98584 - 08/08/19 07:20 PM Re: Is the Saloon dead? [Re: butchgo]
H Stevens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
Originally Posted By butchgo
Not much happening with Outlaw any more which is too bad.
I keep waiting for the email that says they are closing their doors.

There’s no one left to post the email

#98585 - 08/10/19 03:10 PM Re: Is the Saloon dead? [Re: XenonMan]
patm1198 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I purchased an RR2160 and i think its great, Outlaw customer support when i needed it was great, however they dont talk much other than this website and getting on saloon took too long to approve and it gets frustrating waiting, When you purchase a product you want to share your experience or offer information to someone who is asking, BUT because it takes too long people give up trying to communicate while waiting for a response from the community that never comes, or very sparse information from Outlaw. I wonder if Outlaw has anyone to monitor this. Recently i was watching a U-Tube video from the owner of PS Audio and he mentioned Outlaw Audio and said, are they even in business anymore, he did say they made good products. I wish they would do more than this web site to let people know.

#98586 - 08/13/19 12:58 PM Re: Is the Saloon dead? [Re: patm1198]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
So, what is your take on the RR2160?

#98587 - 08/14/19 01:02 PM Re: Is the Saloon dead? [Re: Helson]
patm1198 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

RR2160 does a nice job. I have a bare bones system, it's been many years since I was into audio. So I have old Walsh Ohm speakers and an old sony sub. Playing from the rr2160 gives me a great sound. The Walsh by themselves lacked the bass so when I added the sony and used the sub bass on the RR2160 the sound i was looking for was there. Things that could be improved on is internet and streaming. I have the Bluetooth from outlaw to get streaming but I don't want to keep using my phone as the source, since the RR2160 is already connected to internet. I have used the USB for music but it doesn't shuffle so if you have a large amount of music you have to start at the beginning each time. Keep in mind I'm new so I'm still trying things. And I would really like to hear from others and get ideas. Thanks for asking.

One last thing I can't give details like I hear on some YouTube like it's warm or cool sounding because I have no reference what those terms mean.

#98591 - 08/16/19 11:25 AM Re: Is the Saloon dead? [Re: XenonMan]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
The USB seems good for a throwing a quick playlist together and just plug and play.

#98601 - 08/22/19 12:49 PM Re: Is the Saloon dead? [Re: XenonMan]
scoooter Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: MA
I see my post caused a few responses but it still appears that this place is in limbo. I've seen it happen many times where a company puts out a product notice and fails to deliver on time and then when it does the product has already been superseded by other competitors. I secretly wait and think that Outlaw is now playing their cards close to the vest and will eventually have something new, alas no info is still not a good sign.

Edited by scoooter (08/22/19 12:49 PM)

#98610 - 09/02/19 06:22 PM Re: Is the Saloon dead? [Re: XenonMan]
patm1198 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Does anyone know a way to source internet radio stations before having to try each one on the stereo and listen to each one to see if it's good, I have heard that a lot of the stations are just people having music at their houses and putting it on line. also if Outlaw looks, are you thinking about an update including streaming services like spotify, etc...

I tried to compare a streaming service versus CD using the 2 spdif connectors. When switching from CD to stream and back i hear an echo from the one that is not the one im listening to. it's bleeding through.

A thought to consider for the community is to limit the amount of topics to list thoughts and suggestions. Easier for everyone to participate. Again just a thought.

I'm in Florida watching hurricane Dorian and hoping Bahamas get some relief and it doesn't hit the US.

Thanks for looking at my post.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts