Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#98548 - 07/09/19 12:32 PM RR2150 Won't Turn On
G. E. S. Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: DFW Area, Texas
I've submitted a trouble ticket on this, but thought I would also consult the Hive Mind in the Saloon to see if anyone has a solution.

We had a power failure here over the weekend. My RR2150 (purchased Feb 2016) was powered off and connected to a surge-protected outlet in Standby mode. On Monday I went to turn the unit on via the remote and it would not turn on. Batteries in the remote are good (tested with battery checker: full power). The Standby light on the RR2150 was off. I have tried:

1. flipping the main power switch on the back,
2. checked the outlet (it's good, breaker not tripped, etc.),
3. tried the RR2150 with a different, known-good outlet, turned the unit off (again via the switch on the rear) and
4. disconnected / reconnected the power cord, but no joy.

Nothing else in my home was damaged by the power outage, so there was not "surge" damage. No other electronics connected to the same outlet have any issues.

I'm hoping there's some secret combination of button presses that may "reset" whatever is keeping the system from turning on.

Any advice would be appreciated, though I'm prepared to ship the unit back to Outlaw if need be for repair.

;-) G. E. S.

#98550 - 07/15/19 02:34 PM Re: RR2150 Won't Turn On [Re: G. E. S.]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
With a power outage, there will be an initial surge when the power comes back on. This may be enough to overwhelm a standby power circuit. A standby power circuit gets the AC voltage all the time, if the main power switch in the back is switched on. There should be a surge protector component in the incoming AC circuit. But these components can only take so many surge hits before they become ineffective. The surge protectors have so many "joules" of protection. Once these are used up, there is no more protection and there'll be no way to know this. All your other devices must still be protected, but perhaps not for the 2150. I'm guessing a failure of the standby power circuit in your case. A failure in this circuit will prevent the 2150, or any device with a standby power circuit failure, from powering on.

#98551 - 07/15/19 10:01 PM Re: RR2150 Won't Turn On [Re: G. E. S.]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
The Joules rating on surge protectors is similar to a fuse rating. It indicates how much energy the device can absorb or divert before it fails. Usually there is an indicator light on a surge power strip that stays lit when the device is supplying protected power. When the light goes out it means the surge protection feature is no longer functioning. I believe there may be an internal fuse on the 2160 power supply that may have blown and is preventing power input. Outlaw can confirm and may be able to assist in replacing the fuse without sending it off.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts