Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#98311 - 01/22/19 11:58 AM Where Do I Go From Here?
JimB Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I've been away from forum lurking for a long time; same for use of my system as well. Having recently purchased a new 4K TV it's time to get back into it, but I'm kind of stuck on what to address in the upgrade process?

My 990 and Denon CD player were retired years ago. I've got the 975 (Ben helped me verify that its firmware version is 5.3), an OPPO 103 (Darbee) and the 7125. Speakers are all Aperion's and the sub is SMS-1 (7.1 setup).

The only item I've been seriously researching up to now is replacing the OPPO with a 4K player. When checking back here I then realized the 975 will need upgrading as well (HDS-42AVR?) if I'm going 4K.

While I spend a fair amount of time listening to music and watching movies I'm probably spending more time on my XBox One X these days.

So, where do I go from here? Get a sound bar for the XBox One X and then focus on the music and video side of things? Should I think about the 976 or look at other parts of the system? I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to the tech side of the AV world so any thoughts or suggestion would be appreciated. Cheers.

#98313 - 01/23/19 08:11 AM Re: Where Do I Go From Here? [Re: JimB]
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
Sounds like your system is very similar to mine. I have both the 4K OPPO and the HDS-42AVR. However currently the HDS is not being used because the OPPO already splits the 4K video from the audio and provides 2 HDMI outputs, one to the TV the other to the 975. As I add more 4K sources then I'll make the call about upgrading the 975 or using the HDS. It'll most likely be a funds-availability decision or MAYBE Outlaw will have something new soon (cough cough Peter? Ben?).

Honestly, once you get a 4K disc player I think you'd be all set for the near term. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket you can always get "better" stuff.
LG 65" OLED
RR2150 w/Klipsch SCR-2

#98316 - 01/23/19 03:23 PM Re: Where Do I Go From Here? [Re: EEman]
JimB Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks EEman for the advice. I've been catching up on the forums and I think I know what you're referring to when you hint at something new from Outlaw. wink

With a 4K player or the HDS it sounds like I've got the options I need for the near future. Due to OPPO being gone I've been looking at the Panasonic DP-UB9000. They're pricey but the reviews have been pretty good. They're only trickling into the US now, but more might be arriving if Magnolia at BB gets some?

Thanks again for the help!
Jim

Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM