Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#98127 - 06/17/18 02:44 PM worth repairing???...
silversport Offline
Desperado

Loc: ChicagoLand/USA
I may have a chance at coming into possession of 2 Outlaw 1050 HT Receivers...one was my original and one is a buddy's...IIRC both have succumbed to one channel drop out...

If I am able to get my hands on these is it still worth it to maybe send one back and get them fixed???...can they still even be fixed by sending it/them back???

I'd like to see what condition physically they are but other than dust, I suspect they should be in very nice looking shape...I might like to take the cover off, blow out the dust and perhaps DeOxit the controls but I don't think this is the cause of the channel drop off...and they are old...

One has sat idle and one is being used by the buddy but he reported some time back that the right channel drops out although a rap on the top restores it for a time...

I currently have a small 3.0 system hooked up to a television being powered by a Panasonic SA-XR57 which has more power on paper but I recall my Outlaw equipment being built to a much higher level...my 1070 HT Receiver is still pulling duty in the regular system...

Anything anyone would care to share would be greatly appreciated...I don't suspect many come to this part of the Forum but I hate to just place these curbside and I don't possess the ability to solder or replace caps and such.

Thanks

Bill

...Let the Movies and Music Play...

#98128 - 06/17/18 03:27 PM Re: worth repairing???... [Re: silversport]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I'd give the Outlaws a ring and see if they're still able to service them (and maybe ask for a rough idea of cost). I sent my 1050 back once several years ago and it was smooth and cheaper than I expected. I don't really factor in shipping costs because my work lets us use our corporate FedEx account so I get an amazing discount. If you don't have a similar option, don't forget to consider those costs as she ain't a light one to ship.

The above said, a working 1050 would be great in a 3.0 set up! You're obviously not worried about the latest and greatest codecs for all around the room surround sound and a simple optical or digital coax would get you everything you need. We still use our old 1050 daily in our bedroom 2.0 set up.

#98129 - 06/17/18 03:33 PM Re: worth repairing???... [Re: silversport]
silversport Offline
Desperado

Loc: ChicagoLand/USA
Thanks for your insight and experience...it IS appreciated...I will contact the outlaws if I get the 1050 back.

Bill

Edited by silversport (06/18/18 06:55 AM)

...Let the Movies and Music Play...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts