Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#97686 - 01/25/18 10:51 PM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
975 destroyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Georgia, US of A!
976 manual p19 contains a "975" typo

#97697 - 01/28/18 10:54 AM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
Beachbum1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Diego
Along with some of the issues that have been mentioned, primarily the inability to rename the input source, I would have like the ability to see the audio format displayed constantly in the window. It does show up briefly (scrolls across the screen)and then reverts to displaying the input source.

I have several analog only input sources and the only way I can find to use them, is to assign them to one of the main inputs. Since I have 4 HDMI and 3 analog sources, there aren't enough inputs to accommodate them all. It would be nice to have access to just the analog inputs without have to use up any of the main inputs.

The remote issue(s) have been noted and I experience the same problem.
Aerial Acoustics Model 6
Aerial Acoustics Model 5
RSL Speedwoofer
OPPO BDP-103
Panamax MR5100

#97700 - 01/28/18 01:15 PM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
The 976 has 4 analog inputs along with 6 HDMI inputs. The way the manual reads your analog inputs would be connected at that point.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#97710 - 01/29/18 02:16 PM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
kiwiaudio Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States
I see what you mean, and i never gave it any thought as i dont have 10 input sources. There are nine selectable named inputs (Devices). Bluetooth and Tuner are non-assignable. so that leaves 7, which is what you need right Beachbum? Cable/sat, Disc, Game, Media, Server, Aux and TV. Sucks that we cannot rename these !
Incidentally, I used the front HDMI for a Roku stick a few weeks ago, and once plugged in, i believe the 976 defaulted to it without me selecting it in any way, but im not totally sure about that as my memory is not what it was. If this is true, then it is not assignable and it will override.
There is an audio selection called "Direct" and unless im missing it, i dont see it explained anywhere in the manual other than page 46 where you can list your connections. I have 7.1 analog cables connected from my Oppo and "direct" allows their use. I wonder if your analog sources can also use this mode, but i dont think so. No DSP or bass management is applied to this. I have a turntable that is using an analog input, but i have not tried it on "direct" as i assigned it to aux and Dolby pro IIX music. I should try "direct" and see if it works.

But the more i think about it, i think you are out of luck if you have more than 7 input sources !
Outlaw 976 Processor
Outlaw 755 amp for Center and all four surrounds
Adcom GFA 555II for Main L & R channels
Behringer EP4000 for two homemade subs
Outlaw Ultra X13 for REAL Sub Bass !
OPPO BDP103, Marantz CD63SE, Denon DP300F
2 Adcom ACE515s for AC current treatment
Newport Theater Director for AC distribution.
Speakers are all built by myself utilizing Dynaudio Drivers
Second room: Yamaha receiver, Musical fidelity X10D tubes, Carver C9 holographic pro.

#97718 - 02/01/18 01:40 PM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I'm fairly certain the "Direct" button on the remote is for direct tuning an AM/FM station. Although I haven't hooked up any antennae as of yet, and haven't even tried the tuner.

What can be done if more inputs are needed is, use as many connections as are available, whether they be analog stereo, digital audio, or the 7.1 multi-channel, and you could just enter the menu and switch the audio configuration for that input, whenever you're using an alternative connection. This may be necessary for only another few connections and it shouldn't be too much of a hassle for the number of times you're going to use these other devices. You would only have to switch back when moving back to the previous connection.
I guess that's what you pay more for.

The front HDMI won't override to HDMI if something is plugged into it. That would require an auto-sensing component or circuit, which isn't mentioned in the manual. (But I haven't tried that either.)

#97859 - 03/06/18 12:15 AM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
NASANut Offline
Gunslinger

Has anyone heard from Outlaw whether the renaming of inputs is something that can be corrected with a firmware update. Or have they said that it is impossible with the current design? This is the one thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger and ordering a unit to try.

#97861 - 03/06/18 09:28 AM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
I keep hearing the input naming issue come up. I would doubt Outlaw will change the processor to allow this to happen but I am uncertain as to the value of this feature. Can someone enlighten me why this is such a desired feature. Most of us can remember which bluray player or game console we own and have connected. Is it because some own more than one game console and they would like to see its name displayed on the front panel?

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#97862 - 03/06/18 11:40 AM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
It's a non issue for me. I know on my 975 that DISC is the PS3 and TV is our Roku, for example. The fixed names aren't perfect but by and large they're close enough. Also, I just program our trusty MX-700 remote and once that's done I don't NEED to remember any more as it all happens automatically when I press the button. smile

I know a lot of people feel it's important to be able to rename the inputs to read whatever it is they want it to display, though. I personally wouldn't pass up a great piece of gear if that were the only sticking point because, for me, overall performance trumps an arbitrary label.

#97865 - 03/06/18 01:33 PM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
Deromax Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shawinigan, PQ, Canada
No, it's a mess. I don't want my BD player to be on a generic Disc input, my turntable to be on the Game input, my CD player on the Media input or my other analog gear on the Server input. Memory or not, it's an ergonomic mess.

At that point, I'd rather have "Input 1", "Input 2", etc than the current arbitrary names.

Edited by Deromax (03/06/18 01:36 PM)

" I hear no highs, I feel no lows, it sounds like crap, it must be Bose "

#97866 - 03/06/18 03:02 PM Re: 976 Dislikes or improvement/update wish list ! [Re: kiwiaudio]
gnu Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

FWIW it's a non-issue for me as well. They could be named piglet, snowmonkey, pine, etc., etc. for all i care. However, I do respect others desire for something more organized. Quality sounding and processing product, ease of use and without all the "bloat"(that costs $$) works for me. At this early stage of my 976 ownership I'm quite pleased.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts