Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#96701 - 06/29/17 02:28 PM Ultra-X12 customer reviews and experiences
H Stevens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
I would like to hear from those of you who have or had the Ultra-X12.

What was your thoughts and experiences with this unit? Music and movies.
Did the Ultra-X12 replace an existing subwoofer? If so, how did it compare?
Any issues with the unit?
Was it a keeper or did you return it? If you returned it, why?
Would you recommend the Ultra-X12? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

#96702 - 06/30/17 09:02 AM Re: Ultra-X12 customer reviews and experiences [Re: H Stevens]
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
I just recently upgraded from my home built 10" sub to the X-12. I plugged it in, turned it on and my son couldn't wipe this silly grin off his face. I have a rather small room so I have it in max extension and it definitely plays lower than its predecessor-no surprise.

This is actually the second X-12 I have owned. Unfortunately the first one was damaged. On of the port broke of the flange and was rattling inside the housing. But, of course, that why I deal with Outlaw. On phone call and the old one is on it's way back and the new one is on it's was over.

On the minus side, I had built the 10" sub into my entertainment unit and thus it was totally hidden. There's no hiding the X-12. You can disguise it as an end table. It's pretty enough to serve that function.

I would definitely recommend it, though I have no direct comparison to other 12" subs.
LG 65" OLED
RR2150 w/Klipsch SCR-2

#96703 - 06/30/17 09:56 AM Re: Ultra-X12 customer reviews and experiences [Re: H Stevens]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I upgraded from the LFM-1 Plus. I tried to keep both, but my better half wasn't having it. The X12 is only slightly bigger than the Plus.
I could immediately hear a difference in how the X12 reproduced a much more precise sound. Especially noticeable at the lower end compared with the Plus.
One of the first movies I played was the "Edge of Tomorrow" opening scene where the bass starts out as low as any movie I can think of. The X12 reproduced this without any problem. The sound was quite crisp and impressed me in that it never bottomed out, whereas, the Plus struggled a bit.

The bass reproduction of the X12 is definitely an upgrade over its predecessor and is doing well pressurizing my room.
I'm using it in bass extension mode, with one port plugged for both movies and music as I think it sounds better to me in that mode, for either.

#96704 - 06/30/17 11:05 AM Re: Ultra-X12 customer reviews and experiences [Re: H Stevens]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
If you use the sub as an end table make sure you protect the plexiglas top because objects placed on it will move around and scratch or dent the top. My LFM-EX has a million small imperfections in it because of this issue. I used some felt feet on mine after the damage was done and no further issues.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM