Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#96644 - 06/04/17 01:26 PM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: No Good Points]
SPEAKRNUTT Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: WARNER ROBINS, GA.
I am the proud owner of a new RR2160. With Bens help I was able to connect my HP laptop to the receiver and sure enough 24/192. The unit sounds great and the boost at 55hz really helped my Klipsch Heresys.I have only had the unit but so far all I can say is WOW.

#96655 - 06/06/17 11:46 AM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: No Good Points]
steve1173 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: punta gorda, florida, usa
Was thinking about getting one but with the problems of my RR2150 speaker selector going bad twice and going into protection I will look elsewhere. Had and still have the 950, 970 and 990, they were excellent products when Outlaw first started but now they just seem to be sellers of other products instead of just there own. I thought they would really be a top of the line company with reasonably priced products but there own are basic and top of the line someone elses.

#96661 - 06/06/17 01:43 PM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: No Good Points]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
As I stated previously on page 2 of this thread about the 2160, "All the features can be adjusted via remote without ever touching it."
Which begs the question on the 2150, how often are you switching the speaker selector switch in normal operation? It is, after all, a mechanical switch. Mechanical components can break from using them. But in a typical set up with the 2150, you have your speakers hooked up and the speaker switch set to one position. I could be wrong here but, doesn't seem to me like it could break without ever touching it. Are you switching between zones with speaker A and B? and therefore using the selector switch more?

I've been in the consumer electronics repair business for many years and serviced many brands. They all can fail in one way or another. You take measure of a company by, if they treat you fairly, for one example, after any failure occurs, whether in-warranty or out.

#96663 - 06/07/17 12:21 AM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: steve1173]
Retep Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tauranga, New Zealand
Originally Posted By steve1173
Was thinking about getting one but with the problems of my RR2150 speaker selector going bad twice and going into protection I will look elsewhere. Had and still have the 950, 970 and 990, they were excellent products when Outlaw first started but now they just seem to be sellers of other products instead of just there own. I thought they would really be a top of the line company with reasonably priced products but there own are basic and top of the line someone elses.
I had that problem with my Onkyo Integra 8700-A. That was years ago and as noted above, it was because I constantly switched between direct and stereo mode. I had it fixed by a local repair shop in Redwood City, CA. I do not hold Onkyo to the fire for my use situation.

#96665 - 06/07/17 12:55 PM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: No Good Points]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Looks like Outlaws' awesome customer service strikes again! Check out Outlaw Ben's reply to steve1173's issue over in the 2150 forum:

Originally Posted By Outlaw Ben
It is unfortunate that this has been left out, but yes, Helson and Xenon, we've already made an exception to try and take care of Steve. This was done immediately when he first contacted us. His unit is coming in; if we find it to be the speaker selector switch, after we've already serviced it, I told Steve we would cover the repair - parts and labor, the return shipping to him, and reimburse him for the inbound-shipping.

Lets face it, this unit shouldn't have to come in again. Unfortunately, things do happen and rather than telling you: Sorry, you are outside of warranty, we are telling you this repair should not need to be made twice and if this is related to the speaker selector switch Outlaw will be covering all costs.

That's first class customer care. smile

#96666 - 06/07/17 01:39 PM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: Owl's_Warder]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By Owl's_Warder
Looks like Outlaws' awesome customer service strikes again! Check out Outlaw Ben's reply to steve1173's issue over in the 2150 forum:

Originally Posted By Outlaw Ben
It is unfortunate that this has been left out, but yes, Helson and Xenon, we've already made an exception to try and take care of Steve. This was done immediately when he first contacted us. His unit is coming in; if we find it to be the speaker selector switch, after we've already serviced it, I told Steve we would cover the repair - parts and labor, the return shipping to him, and reimburse him for the inbound-shipping.

Lets face it, this unit shouldn't have to come in again. Unfortunately, things do happen and rather than telling you: Sorry, you are outside of warranty, we are telling you this repair should not need to be made twice and if this is related to the speaker selector switch Outlaw will be covering all costs.

That's first class customer care. smile
That's exactly what I look for too. In no way was I intimating that the switch breaking, should be expected, but these things can happen. Great to know you will be taken care of fairly and swiftly.

#96667 - 06/07/17 02:15 PM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: Retep]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By Retep
[/quote]I had that problem with my Onkyo Integra 8700-A. That was years ago and as noted above, it was because I constantly switched between direct and stereo mode. I had it fixed by a local repair shop in Redwood City, CA. I do not hold Onkyo to the fire for my use situation.
Just to let you know, I'm a fan of some of your earlier work...
http://saloon.outlawaudio.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=20377&page=3

#96668 - 06/07/17 04:20 PM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: Helson]
Retep Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tauranga, New Zealand
Originally Posted By Helson
Originally Posted By Retep
I had that problem with my Onkyo Integra 8700-A. That was years ago and as noted above, it was because I constantly switched between direct and stereo mode. I had it fixed by a local repair shop in Redwood City, CA. I do not hold Onkyo to the fire for my use situation.
Just to let you know, I'm a fan of some of your earlier work...
http://saloon.outlawaudio.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=20377&page=3
Thanks! I forgot I did some of those designs. That was a long time ago. wink

Edited by Retep (06/07/17 08:18 PM)

#96808 - 08/21/17 12:03 PM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: No Good Points]
Jmilton Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Boston

#96950 - 10/08/17 09:17 PM Re: Anyone excited about the 2160? [Re: No Good Points]
Raider Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, TN
Having gone back to vinyl big time, I am interested in the phono stage of the 2160 but have not seen any mention of the sound in any reviews or the forum. Could someone comment on the phono amp quality on this unit?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts