Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#96160 - 11/29/16 04:31 PM Ben was awsome to deal with and
jww Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I wrote an email to customer service yesterday, here is what I wrote. I was surprised when the owner of Outlaw Audio called me and we chatted over half an hour. Below is the email:

Well, this last several days have been busy, full of audio issues and with the help of Ben at Outlaw Audio things are looking up.

My old 990 put noise out to the amp and then failed, no sound, no display, powers on and shuts itself off. Well, I called you and got Ben, he was so very helpful, talked through what may have happened, but in the end I decided to buy a new pre amp, (disappointed it will not be branded as an Outlaw) I bought a Marantz AV7702 MKII and Ben took my order. Ben was so helpful with helping me make the decision. So refreshing to get honest answers and honest opinions!

I got me AV7702 MKII last Friday and had a great setting it up, until it came to testing and there was no sound from my trusty LFM1, it powers on and when turned up full volume and the preamp pushing another 12dB boost there is but a whisper from the subwoofer. I was disappointed to say the least. But I often do not notice the subwoofer as I run B&W 801 speakers bi-amped powered by an Outlaw Model 770, for music I do not run the sub, so I do not know when it stopped working.

After the long weekend enjoying the new pre amp and searching for information on subwoofers come this morning I called the Outlaws and got to talk to Ben again, talked about the LFM1 and the sale on the new Ultra X12, Ben was great and even helped me discussing the competitions subwoofers! Always honest opinions from Ben. So with all the information and research, I decided to repair my LFM1 (a friend wants it or use with another system) and also purchase a new Ultra X12 for use with the new pre amp.

Ben has been so helpful and represents Outlaw Audio so well. Employees like Ben are hard to find and the service and assistance he offered to me was absolutely outstanding. I have been a customer since 2005 and recommended friends to you. It is so refreshing that I can call a company and suck knowledgeable and helpful people answer the phone and take all the time to assist customers like me. I will remain a customer and continue to tell friends about Outlaw Audio. S stars on the products you carry and 5 stars on your staff like Ben.

I eagerly await my new sub.

I hope all the Outlaws have a great holiday season

Sincerely,

John W. Walton

#96162 - 11/29/16 11:02 PM Re: Ben was awsome to deal with and [Re: jww]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Nice! I haven't had much cause to use the Outlaw's support staff but by all accounts that I have heard, they're top notch.

#96163 - 12/02/16 02:10 PM Re: Ben was awsome to deal with and [Re: jww]
Stephen B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Texas
Ben is great to deal with. When the OSD on my 975 stopped outputting to the display Ben ran me through the troubleshooting and reset procedure. When that failed to correct the issue he had a replacement unit on the way by the same afternoon.

Excellent customer service.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 121 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM