Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#96017 - 09/09/16 08:15 PM This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrx4300h

They already have a relationship with D&M Holdings and this could potentially get them back to being credible in the processor/receiver game. Of course, that's if D&M is willing to share....just strip out the amps and HEOS cruft.

I've already reserved one. smile

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (09/09/16 08:16 PM)

#96024 - 09/13/16 12:52 PM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Ritz2]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
+1 All the features except HEOS - no need for it to be a whole-house broadcaster - too many schemas out there already. No amps of course.
Well, I've been wondering when someone would start a new Outlaw pre/pro dialogue.
Ben, Peter - are you close to giving us an update?

#96025 - 09/13/16 09:48 PM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Ritz2]
skiman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Golden. Colorado
Outlaw's new pre/pro should have at least a 7.1.4 channel output, which Denon's 4300H doesn't. Maybe you mean the Denon 6300H.
Without a newer room correction that the Audyssey Denon uses, it won't be competitive with the upcoming Emotiva.

Edited by skiman (09/13/16 09:53 PM)

#96026 - 09/14/16 10:58 AM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Ritz2]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Emotiva only has a slightly better record than Outlaw on delivering "upcoming" anything. I prefer to live in the here and now. Call me crazy.

smile

#96029 - 09/14/16 09:02 PM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Ritz2]
Stephen B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Texas
I have not heard the newest offering from Emotiva but tried their previous (non Atmos) unit and found the SQ lacking compared to the 975. A friend owned the Emo unit so I borrowed it while he was on vacation then loaned him my 975 when I was gone for a week. We both found the 975 to have the better sound quality, him to the point of selling the Emo and buying an Outlaw unit.

Others feel differently but I find room correction to be of no benefit in this house.

#96030 - 09/15/16 12:34 PM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Ritz2]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Effective acoustic room treatment would be better than electronic manipulation of the music wavefronts IMO.

#96031 - 09/15/16 01:39 PM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Hank]
Stephen B Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By Hank
Effective acoustic room treatment would be better than electronic manipulation of the music wavefronts IMO.

I agree 100%. I do everything possible to tame the room before giving thought to anything else. If we are creative room treatments do not have to cost an arm and a leg. Instead of the acoustic foam pannels costing hundreds of dollars each great effect can be had by hanging rubber backed blackout curtains at reflection points.

Adding circuitry to the signal path is always a last resort afaiac. Keep the signal path as minimalist as possible using the highest quality parts the price point will allow.

#96034 - 09/16/16 12:26 PM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Stephen B]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Originally Posted By Stephen B
Keep the signal path as minimalist as possible using the highest quality parts the price point will allow.

Absolutely the proper design philosophy for audio mfgrs (too few of them follow it).

#96035 - 09/16/16 01:53 PM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Hank]
Stephen B Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By Hank
Originally Posted By Stephen B
Keep the signal path as minimalist as possible using the highest quality parts the price point will allow.

Absolutely the proper design philosophy for audio mfgrs (too few of them follow it).

We can never go wrong when we paraphrase Nelson Pass.

#96038 - 09/17/16 08:48 PM Re: This is what Outlaw should be aiming towards [Re: Stephen B]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

I agree that tasteful room treatments should be the first line of defense (the crazy stuff need not apply since I still have the wife test to pass).

With that said, I find a quality room correction system to be an absolute must for home theater and I've found it to be quite useful for stereo listening as well. I wouldn't even consider going back to a system without it and that's coming from a former adherent to fire bottle everything. Technology marches on.

The 975 doesn't come remotely close to meeting my basic requirements for a home theater processor. The oft-discussed and cancelled processors dangled hope that Outlaw would get it together. I think that ship has sailed. So here's hoping they can partner with a company with serious R&D muscle and that has shown they can deliver the goods. That seems to have worked for them on the higher end amps and subs in the past.

Best,

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts