Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#979 - 02/02/02 12:30 PM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Zac,

Not that I've been able to tell with my ears. It's only on these problem discs (currently known to be JPIII, PH & Atlantis) that it might be an issue because the 1050 will force itself into 6.1 mode ... Only one of the real Outlaws (Hi Scott! ) could tell us if something might really be lost from the rears on these discs.

However, on all other discs just leave the Center Surround turned on in the speaker setup, but just make sure that the Play Mode is only 5.1. You'll have no more problems with this than I do watching any movie in 5.1 ... my Center Surround simply isn't used in those instances.

------------------
pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair

#980 - 02/02/02 11:31 PM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I'll probably just leave it off. I don't have JPIII or PH, they are both pretty bad as movies go, and I guess Atlantis is too. My kids all walked away from it while watching, even after I fixed the dropout problem.

If a Disney cartoon can't keep two 5 year olds watching, it must be bad.

#981 - 02/03/02 01:58 AM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Just an opposing viewpoint, I LOVED Atlantis. Haven't got it yet, but will probably get the Collector's Edition. Anyway, I realize at 30 I may be a bit above the attention span of a five year old. However, my five year old cousin has been bugging her dad about Atlantis for the last month. She already knows when new movie Tuesday is and has been waiting for the Atlantis release. He had to rent the VHS for her the day it was out, and was very disappointed in the experience. Sound and picture terrible.

Went back the next day and got the DVD, greatly improved! There was the sound and picture from remembered from the theater! She's made my poor uncle watch it five times already this week.

Anyway, guess my point is just cuz your kids didn't care for it, doesn't mean it's bad. All a matter of perspective. BTW, did you watch it all, zacster?

#982 - 02/03/02 09:34 PM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
Jonathan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Just wanted to say I completely agree with Owl_Warder.

#983 - 02/03/02 10:33 PM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
I, My 7 year old and my 4 year old loved it

#984 - 02/03/02 11:30 PM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
Zed Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston, Texas, 77025
The DTS Soundtrack is pretty amazing and made up for the "forced buy".
Atlantis has no cute characters or songs and several characters die, its not really for little kids.
I hear over and over again that Disney stuff is so out of spec that they have to use the 'Disney DVD' logo rather than the standard 'DVD Video' logo, but that could be a rumor.

------------------
"Art is not a mirror, but a hammer."

#985 - 02/04/02 01:26 PM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

I haven't seen Atlantis myself yet. And I probably never will because the kids don't want to watch it again. A bunch of film critics in my house.

The movie also left a bad taste in my mouth because my car died (to the tune of $1000 to fix) on the way to the Ziegfeld theater in Manhattan, where the rest of them saw it in DLP. I'm sitting for 2 hours in the car on the West Side Hwy waiting for a tow truck...

I could buy a 950 with that money.

#986 - 02/04/02 05:11 PM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
Yes that is true that it is not a movie made in the Little Mermaid mold but I found it entertaining and both my daughters liked it. I'm always amazed at the star power that disney gets to do the voices in these movies(ie:Michael J Fox, Leonard Niomoy).

m-mmeyer
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#987 - 02/04/02 07:22 PM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Actually, my kids don't like Little Mermaid, or any of the cutesy Disney stuff, except Snow White. They love Chicken Run, Shrek, Toy Story.

#988 - 02/06/02 10:21 AM Re: Atlantis DVD Audio Dropouts
Azistoohot Offline
Gunslinger

I do not understand the MPAA ratings for Disney films. Tarzan and The Lion King got G ratings, but to me they should have gotten PG ratings. It seems like all Disney movies (other than Toy Story I/II) are incredibly violent. They show a person hanging (in shadow) in Tarzan. That's ridiculous.

Personally, I bought Atlantis because of the kids in the house. I think Shrek is much, much better, and will likely never watch Atlantis again. There are crappy characters in Atlantis and there's really no good moral.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts