Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#95648 - 01/27/16 08:35 PM static from channels and low volume...
silversport Offline
Desperado

Loc: ChicagoLand/USA
...mine has sat used very little since Winter started...went downstairs to theater room and received static from the channels and low volume output...

I tried unplugging all connections and reconnecting...no change at all...

any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

...Let the Movies and Music Play...

#95649 - 01/28/16 12:03 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
It probably needs new output caps since it is so old and infrequently used. The caps dry out and don't function very well so you get crackling and low output from them. Outlaw can fix it but it will require a trip home.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#95650 - 01/28/16 12:16 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
silversport Offline
Desperado

thanks for your response...you wouldn't recommend anywhere local to take it???...better to send it in then???

Bill

#95652 - 01/28/16 12:41 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
silversport Offline
Desperado

well..here is a strange one for me...went down to give it one more try after letting them sit unplugged overnight...it seems to be working fine now....possible static electricity build up???...aliens???

Bill

#95656 - 01/29/16 10:36 AM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
silversport Offline
Desperado

Jim Michelson at Outlaw Support has contacted me with the diagnosis of a plus or minus voltage rail and will be sending me information for a return to the Outlaws for service and repair...as with most anything electronic, I am sure that even though mine seems to be working right now, the issue will return and I don't wish to damage anything else...

Thanks again for your help XenonMan...

Bill

#95657 - 01/29/16 01:15 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Great! Let us know how it works out.

#95659 - 01/30/16 11:26 AM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
silversport Offline
Desperado

will do...thanks

#95696 - 02/09/16 05:20 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
silversport Offline
Desperado

just got the email and made the call...my 1070 is repaired and on it's way back to me in the morning...I'll report the full findings of what was replaced and updated after I see the receipt but it was all fixed quickly and at a price that is less than what I'd have to pay to replace it...

Thanks for the help,

Bill

#95709 - 02/13/16 02:19 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
silversport Offline
Desperado

Okay...just got the 1070 dialed back in...note to self...take nice photos or notes of all your settings and keep them where they can be found wink ...

I believe that Jim Michelson initially quoted me 6-8 weeks of receipt for a repair...the Outlaws received mine Thursday, February 4 at 3:10 P.M. and it was to be delivered by FedEx yesterday morning completed...about a week from when I sent it until it was back in my hands with a weekend in between...nice!

Sounds great and I appreciate the Outlaws being able to get my beloved 1070 back to me in find order...repairs were the cost of shipping both ways and under a hundred for the repair...I don't have any paperwork at hand right now but Jim told me on the phone, just can't recall...anyway...I am back up and running...and happy

Thanks ALL for the help and encouragement.

Bill

Edited by silversport (02/13/16 02:21 PM)

#95712 - 02/14/16 03:41 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
That's great! I was impressed with Outlaw's support and repair work a few years ago when I had to send in my 1050. It's service like that that will keep customers. Too many companies today neglect the support aspect and from the people I talk to that is becoming more and more important! I know for me personally, back end support is a major factor in my choice of who to give my business. I've kicked more than one company to the curb and never looked back not because of their products, but because of the way I was treated.

#95724 - 02/17/16 01:22 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
silversport Offline
Desperado

thanks and I totally agree...Jim Michelson was very easy to deal with and the whole repair done in a very quick fashion...top notch service from the Outlaws!

Bill

#99284 - 07/04/22 05:00 PM Re: static from channels and low volume... [Re: silversport]
Don Bruechert Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
OK, I do realize this thread is like 100 years old, but I am having a weird, yet similar problem. Unlike the above, mine does not sit unused and gets regular usage ant a normally loud type of movie volume and I've never had any issues. I have been having problems with the neighbors playing their music loud in the middle of the night and have asked them to keep it down. I built my home theater in the basement to specifically minimize neighbor issues, but did have the previous neighbor in the house in question tell me jokingly that the dishes in her cupboards were rattling.

Anyway, to get to the point, I decided to give them a little sample of their own medicine and pulled out the DVD Audio version of the metallica "black" album at 3 AM, diled the 15" sub up another notch and let it snap around 3AM with no problems. My message was received loud and clear. Nothing strange happened during that approximately 10 minutes, and I was way under even being close to any limits. I shut it down and went to bed. The next night I went to watch a movie and had kind of a staticky buzz that was annoying, which I blamed on my PC being overloaded with background activity, so I shut down the browser and it went away and everything was fine. None of my speakers or anything have any issues and the sound was crystal clear as usual.

The problem is that this issue keeps coming back, and it seems to last until I run enough content through to "warm it up" and then just like the first time everything goes back to normal. I have tried turning it on 10 minutes before I run a movie to warm it up, but apparently that's not enough load to do much. Mute has no effect. I'm using the 7.1 inputs so it normally stays on Bypass the whole time - everything runs thru the Oppo except a bluetooth thingy I have on there. I realize I might have messed something up, but why does it go away after about 5 or 10 minutes of movie? Nothing has affected any connections, and I have so much connected to it that it would be difficult to just pull it out and go snooping around. Any Ideas. Not sure I can afford to send it in right now - job situation thing. Every single speaker except the sub has the same crackling sounds - it's not just one channel.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts