Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#95482 - 11/15/15 03:01 PM Universal remote suggestions
cogito Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Janesville, WI
Anyone have any suggestions for a good universal remote?

I've had a number from Harmony and have been happy with them. Most recently the Harmony One but the buttons are wearing out so it's time to look for something new. The current offerings from Harmony appear disappointing. I prefer hard buttons and the button layout of the Ultimate One is horrible. I'm not a fan of touchscreens either so the Harmony Elite is not my first choice. No number buttons? Really? I want to watch what's on the tv screen, not the remote screen. I'm looking for a remote with macro activities as well. I currently use six but will be bumping that up to seven. I'd also prefer a rechargeable if possible.

I've looked at URC but I'd rather do it myself without having to bring an installer in. Has anyone used other brands that could fit what I'm looking for? Thanks for any suggestions you have.
Oppo BDP-83, LG UBK90 4k
Directv, Sony PS4 Pro/PS3
Polk Audio RT800, CS400, FX500
SVS Elevation (4)
Sunfire True Subwoofer, Epik Empire
APC H15
Harmony Elite remote
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects

#95484 - 11/16/15 01:16 PM Re: Universal remote suggestions [Re: cogito]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I've been using my URC MX-700 for about ten years now and it's still working great! You can find it pretty readily on eBay and can get a copy of the programming software from URC. I've had to request it from them a couple of times. If you go that route and run in to a problem getting the software or need help programming it, send me a PM and I can help you out.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM