Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >
Topic Options
#95365 - 09/25/15 05:27 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
TL5 Offline
Gunslinger

After the 978 fiasco, I don't blame them for playing it close to the vest - but an update on it's progress is overdue. I would really like to know more about it to compare to offerings from Marantz & Yamaha.

#95366 - 09/25/15 07:40 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: XenonMan]
candyman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Beaverton
Originally Posted By: XenonMan
Yeah we are a whole season beyond the original estimate. It is time for an update or many will just move on.

I finally moved on. I waited through the previous pre-pro (997, 978) development cycles and, while I was disappointed that they never made it to market, I understood the reasons. I've been in product development for 20+ years so I get it. Information for those releases was iirc more forthcoming and frequent. I could evaluate my needs versus currently available products and the future Outlaw pre-pro.

I couldn't do it with the current Outlaw pre-pro cycle. Information is too infrequent/sparse and couldn't evaluate currently available products versus the future Outlaw pre-pro. It made the decision to not wait fairly easy. Maybe the Outlaws will offer an upgrade program from my 990 (which I still own) to entice me to give it a look upon it's release....
Samsung 65" LED TV
Front: Martin Logan reQuests & Logos
Surround: Martin Logan Fresco i via Outlaw OAWA3
Sub: ACI Maestro w/ ICE amp

#95377 - 10/07/15 09:03 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Cain Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South Carolina
The last update we got for the new processor was, what January?? 9 months ago?

#95381 - 10/08/15 09:11 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
mdrconsult Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, Texas
Candyman, I'm about to do the same thing. I've been waiting and waiting and still waiting some more! There is so much that I like about Outlaw that I'd really like to stick with them, but the reality is they just don't have a product for me right now and I'm ready to upgrade my Pro. The 975 is a nice system but its a far cry from what I'm looking for in a system. I was seriously considering the AV7702, but that is way overkill for what I want. As is the Yamaha CX-A5100 that has just come out. My current HT is just a 5.1 environment and I have no plans (or room) to add more speakers. And to be really honest the majority of my critical (music) listening is in stereo!

My primary interest is in the best quality audio I can get for my money. Watching movies in surround sound is relatively low priority for me and quite frankly the 5.1 surround suffices for me. I am currently leaning towards getting the Emotiva XMC-1. On paper and according to most of the reviews the audio on that system is reported to be outstanding for the money. Furthermore the have a dedicated 2-channel configuration that I can use with my Oppo to get what I hope will be outstanding stereo listening.

I really wish Outlaw would give us a little information about what they have coming. Like Emotiva, I believe that the Outlaw Pro will be focused on superior Audio performance and not so much on the "Bells and Whistles". Although they've said that it will support Atmos which means it might be a bit more than what I'm interested in having in my home. But I have no way of knowing since they aren't letting us know anything about the system.

I might hold on another week or two, but I'm pretty sure I'll pull the trigger before the end of the month.
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.

#95382 - 10/09/15 07:28 AM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Stephen B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Texas
I think you would be surprised at how well the M-975 does audio and had I known it would sound this nice I would have tried harder to keep the Polk Audio SDA's. My amp has no provision for balanced inputs so the M-975 not having them was not a deal breaker for me. My Dared SL-2000A tube line stage does not have them either. For longer runs the XLR cabling can be quite nice.

Other than the connectivity and room correction what would you be losing? I would like to get my hands on one of Tony's DRT units to see how it might respond to the usual upgrades.

#95401 - 10/25/15 11:30 AM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Cain Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South Carolina
I gave up guys. I kept hanging on and hoping Outlaw would come out with a newer/better processor.

I stuck with my trusty 950, which I loved. I waited and waited for the processor that never happened. I got a 975 the first day it was available and I have HATED it from the first time I used it until the day I gladly pulled it from my rack. If anyone wants an amazing deal on a 975 barely used, let me know.

Anyhow, I just purchased and set up a Marantz AV8802A, and all I can say is WOW. It was a breeze to set up, Audyssey is simply amazing. No more tape measures and Radio Shack SPL meters.

The AV8802A not only sounds amazing but it does everything you could possibly want (now or in the foreseeable future) and then some.

After being a HUGE Outlaw fan for 15+ years I'm finally out.

I wish you guys would have at least told us when something newer and better was coming along, I finally got tired of waiting.

Hopefully I'll be back one day, I still love Outlaw, so I'm sad to leave the family.

#95407 - 10/26/15 12:45 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
Even I'm running out of patience, guys. I certainly don't expect announced ship date, or target month, but I'd like to hear about progress.
Cain, most of us don't have the budget for a $3,999 Marantz AV8802A. That's why we are Outlaw customers. I'd expect the next gen Outlaw to be less than $2,000.
Note to self: "Patience is a virtue".
Reply: "It ain't forever".

#95410 - 10/26/15 09:33 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
No information since February and at least a few months past the last targeted release date leaves me to think that issues have cropped up with the implementation of both Atmos and DTS-X. With all the questions popping up about the new processor I would think someone from Outlaw would be issuing a statement soon.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#95413 - 10/27/15 12:00 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
Dang XenonMan, 2,076 posts! Outlaw should send you a plaque for your forum involvement. OR, make you a beta tester for the upcoming pre/pro ;-)

#95417 - 10/27/15 07:40 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Gonk who hasn't posted in a while has more than 14000 posts.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts