Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#93415 - 08/10/13 08:52 PM Two Channel Amp With A Separate Pre Amp?
THX Jay Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hey Everyone,

What do you guys think of Outlaw making a two channel amp and a separate pre amp? I was thinking 300 watts/channel into 8 ohms and 600 watts/channel into 4 ohms for the amp. The amp could even have balanced inputs while the pre amp has balanced outputs. Make the amp able to run in a bridged mono way, and you could get two of them to be monoblocks.

I know Outlaw has their 2 channel receiver, but if they made a stereo pre amp along the lines of their recent 975 processor, I think with their experience they could make something really impressive. It could have all the options of the receiver...maybe even more settings for the sub crossover. They could even add outputs for dual subs. Outlaw could add stuff for vinyl and get more people into or from that market. I could go either way on a tuner, but they could have some type of interface to include any kind of radio: OTA, internet, etc. It would give purchasers more flexibility and allow them get either component if they had another they wanted or if (unbelievably) they wanted more power.

I was looking at old receivers from the 70s (I had a used Sansui receiver with wood paneling when I was a teenager), and I saw a lot of the older receivers had old analog VU meters on them. I always thought those were really cool looking. I would love to get an amp like that, but I don't want to pay McIntosh pricing. I know ATI makes a two channel amp, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Outlaw to have them build some for them; they could just give it a little "polish". But instead of having the VU meters on the amp, maybe they could put them on the pre amp? I think it would be a distinguished look, and it would set them apart from other ID retailers. It would also allow the two channel amp to be sold for other systems.

I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say.

Take it easy,
Jay

#93416 - 08/10/13 09:55 PM Re: Two Channel Amp With A Separate Pre Amp? [Re: THX Jay]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Outlaw already offers monoblocks and two of them are plenty of power. The RR2150 has the capability to be just a preamp if desired. I guess I just don't see a need to make a two channel amp at this point. I don't know if it could compete on a cost per channel basis with their other amps. I am sure ATI will be glad to sell their amps to anyone who needs one.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

Who's Online
0 registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM