Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#93345 - 07/08/13 11:33 AM Model 975 wins another award!!
Outlaw Nancy Offline

Gunslinger

The Audioholics 2013 Consumer Excellence Award Winners

Category: Budget AV Processor

Company: Outlaw Audio

Product: Model 975

Outlaw 975 Processor MSRP: $549

The Model 975 offers all the latest Dolby and DTS formats including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-Master Audio along with Pro Logic IIz and DTS Neo:6 post-processing. Once decoded, the signals travel through an ultra low-noise signal path thanks to careful design and layout, and a robust power supply with a compact toroidal transformer. The Model 975 offers numerous setup options, including very flexible bass-management, and one of the most extensive collection of subwoofer-level trim controls you will come across — you can set sub trims independently for almost every surround or 2-channel mode. Perhaps the biggest surprise will come when you experience the Model 975 first hand. It has an elegant, slim-line appearance and a clutter free, black aluminum front panel. As the only product in its class with a full range of legacy video inputs, 1080p video scaling, and the latest HDMI and digital surround processing technologies, it truly delivers the features that matter most. At $549, it's also one heck of a value giving audiophiles a cost effective alternative to the typical AV receiver solution.

#93346 - 07/08/13 12:23 PM Re: Model 975 wins another award!! [Re: Outlaw Nancy]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
Congratulations to the Outlaws!

#93354 - 07/09/13 03:35 AM Re: Model 975 wins another award!! [Re: Outlaw Nancy]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Indeed! Well done and deserved!

#94463 - 09/16/14 04:00 PM Re: Model 975 wins another award!! [Re: Outlaw Nancy]
Bryston Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Newbie here. Figured this is as good a thread as any for general ?? regarding the 975. I'm something of an audio dinosaur when it comes to analog vs. digital hence just now attempting to move into the digital audio and home theater realms. Thus shopping for a new preamp processor to replace a "vintage" preamplifier as a first step in modernization, so to speak. The Outlaw Model 975 has caught my eye. Don't want to go the AVR route as I prefer to stick with the separates I have...a two and recently purchased five channel amplifier(s). One reason I like the 975 is I still have analog magnetic tape sources and turntable as well as legacy video sources. Don't listen to vinyl anymore though so no need for any phono. Anyway, the Model 975 appears to be just what I need to integrate current equipment with additional equipment I'm planning on adding for a modest home theater application. Blue Ray...music server etc.

Really just wondering if anyone here is also using a 975 to control analog sources along with some semi regular two channel audio operation and any thoughts they may have on their experiences regarding the general synergy of analog / digital audio and video provided by the 975. I assume among those who already own a 975 many bought it for the analog inputs as well.

Thanks much!

#94465 - 09/23/14 05:19 PM Re: Model 975 wins another award!! [Re: Outlaw Nancy]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Bryston,

I don't have much connected that's analog, but the one or two items I do work great, as do my digital inputs. I'm sure one or two of the forum regulars have some more experiences that they can share with you, too. It sounds like you might have a lot of inputs you want to connect. If only having five inputs isn't a limitation for all of your gear, I think you'd be very happy with the 975.

#94466 - 09/26/14 04:22 PM Re: Model 975 wins another award!! [Re: Outlaw Nancy]
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
I played a little with my CD player (Analog outputs) when I first got the 975. I'd switch the CD back and forth between my Bluray (HDMI) and CD player. I didn't notice any difference in the sound performance between the two inputs. Which means either the CD was the limiting factor or my old ears are.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM