Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#93716 - 11/20/13 06:18 PM Re: Surge protection line conditioning for 7500 [Re: the_h]
WWP3 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
That's why I made sure to include my comment about the difference in sound quality being heard by several friends of mine who wanted to know what was different about the system after I installed the Triton/Typhon combo -- until I got a new rack a week ago, they were hidden on the floor behind my old rack and couldn't be seen from the front of my living room. Like everything one buys from The Cable Co., I had them on a 30-day trial, and it was only after I confirmed with my friends the difference I thought *I* had heard did I decide to keep them in the system.
Oppo BDP-105
AppleTV
TiVo XL Premiere
XBox 360

Legacy Whisper XD fronts
Legacy Focus center, sub, surround and surround back
Shunyata Defender conditioner

2-Channel:
Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblocks
McIntosh C2500 preamp
E.A.R. 324 phono stage
AMG Viella V12 turntable
Lyra Etna cartridge
VPI SDS

Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects
Kubala-Sosna Elation speaker cable
Shunyata Triton & Typhon power conditioner

A man's reach should always exceed his grasp ... else, what's there a Heaven for?

#93718 - 11/20/13 09:05 PM Re: Surge protection line conditioning for 7500 [Re: the_h]
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
Wow, and I thought the Less Loss Black Body Radiator was an interesting read.

Honestly, I wouldn't put much faith in a company who's name can be translated as "the doctrine that phenomena are devoid of an immutable or determinate intrinsic nature." and then touts their scientific method for product development.

I'm not saying that power conditioning isn't important. I think it does make a noticeable difference. Case in point: I know I'm getting some low level hum from the torroidal transformer in my 7075 caused by core saturation due to a DC component in my power line. Note, I'm still working on this and looking at the Tripp Lite mentioned earlier in this thread.

I'm just saying I think you can get the performance for considerably less money than the snake oil companies.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM