Hello:

I am new to Outlaw.

I just ordered the 1070 and it should arrive in the next few days. They will be hooked up to a pair of Axiom M60's and no subwoofer(the bass is
plenty and never felt I needed to add one. At this time, I do not use a center, but have an Infinity that is not being used. The rears I am
flexible on, but am demoing a pair of B&W LM-1's that a friend will sell cheap if I want them. Do I need more of a full speaker in the back? I
didn't think so.

My listening habits are are follows:

I do not have any DVD-A and SACD disks, but a friend owns a CD store and will lend me from time to time these diskes if I want to listen to them.
Otherwise, I will not be listening to them now or in the near future.

I own thousands of regular CD's and this will be my prominant listening. Mostly rock, but I am getting into contemp jazz, and have soundtracks
and New Age. I can easily go from Deep Purple to Buddy Guy to Guys and Dolls in one sitting.

My CD/DVD player will be used 85% CD and 15% DVD, so as you can see the importance will be in the music. I went with the 1070 instead of that
new stereo receiver because I at least wanted to to be movie ready, but it is far from the most important thing. I want to it be good, but the
music is the thing.

I am looking to buy a DVD/CD player and feel that I don't need to spend more than $250 on one. I saw Oppo all over the boards, but couldn't get a real feel as to the audio sound, especially with what I own. I have one HDMI/DVI hookup on my TV, and of course the 2 DVI connections on the Outlaw. I also have a Comcast HD DVR cable box
that I would like to hook up to the TV, but am not sure I want to hook up both of these to the Outlaw as I will have to turn on the receiver
everytime I use the TV, ahtough that is not a deal breaker.

Does the HDMI/DVI out of the CD/DVD player hooking up to the TV or Outlaw really make that much of a difference in the video performance as
compared to component video out? I can see that the Comcast box would be because it is an HD output, but will the CD/DVD make that much of a
difference since it in not HD? This way I will hook up the Cable box directly to HDMI on the TV and the CD/DVD video side directly to
component in on the TV. Both machines will have the audio split so I can listen to the TV alone or with the receiver. Audio will be used
with an optical out or coax out. Is one more perferalbe and is it substantially better than regular audio cables out?

What CD/DVD machine can you recommend?

Also, I can't seem to justify the high prices of cables and adapters. On eBay that have HDMI to DVI cables at $4 and then I see some companies selling it for $60. Where is the happy medium?

Thanks so much in advance.

Lenny...