Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#9252 - 01/26/07 09:04 AM Flickr sets anyone?
Cybermynd Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Regina, Canada
I haven't had a chance to poke around too much in this forum for forgive me if people are doing this already but anyone with digital capability should post some pics of their setup on flickr or some similar site if they get a chance.
For what it's worth I'll contribute this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybermynd/

As you can see I have some work to do but the space is pretty workable and I'm clawing my way to mid-level. The 1070 and Arcam CD73T are the only items I would actually call mid-level. What you can't see are the Omnisat Micros that serve as surrounds.

One question I have is the need to upgrade my center channel speaker (another Omnisat Micro) given the 1070's ability to spread the centre channel between the fronts and centre. Although it sounds pretty good given the vast difference in design between he Mirage's and the Wharfedales when I eventually upgrade my main L&Rs how much should I worry about matching up the centre?

I hope to get rid of the old Sony TV soon and replace it with a projector. That will open up the end wall a lot and allow more creative speaker placement options.

Anyway - post yer pics if ya got 'em.

#9253 - 01/26/07 10:54 AM Re: Flickr sets anyone?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'll chime in - here are my pics . I should probably update the page (at least the picture of the main equipment rack) since a few things have changed, but that'll probably have to wait a few weeks.

I would tend to be in favor of matching center and fronts - it will give you the best starting point for achieving smooth, unified pans across the front soundstage.

#9254 - 01/26/07 01:21 PM Re: Flickr sets anyone?
Cybermynd Offline
Gunslinger

Nice and cozy Gonk! Very neat surround speaker wiring, proper jacks and all!

Obviously no big heat problems with the enclosed cabinet or is there no glass in the doors...

#9255 - 01/26/07 01:33 PM Re: Flickr sets anyone?
gonk Offline
Desperado

The wiring has been a source of some considerable effort - last spring, I even added some Cat5e wiring from the desk (where the cable modem and router live) to behind the equipment rack. The result is a very wife-friendly installation, with only one stretch of wiring run exposed (a few feet of white wire on white crown moulding to reach the right side surround because the roof slopes too much to allow me attic access above it).

Glass front doors, all right. The area directly behind both the amp and the processor is cut away to fully expose the rear panel, but otherwise the only ventilation opening is a long wiring slot running up the center of the back. There's enough breathing room for that to keep things safe, though.

#9256 - 01/26/07 01:40 PM Re: Flickr sets anyone?
Cybermynd Offline
Gunslinger

Did you get your attention to detail from your dad Gonk? That's some pretty nice metal work!

#9257 - 01/26/07 06:07 PM Re: Flickr sets anyone?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Thanks - he does some mighty fine work. He jokes that I got into engineering because I liked the design aspects of his sculpture but I wanted to get paid for it. smile The reality is that what he enjoys most about his art is the problem-solving (coming up with a new technique to achieve something different), and it was that the problem-solving aspect and the mechanical nature of many of his pieces (especially the stuff he was doing when I was younger, since his current work has picked up a more organic nature) that led me to engineering.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts