#91435 - 09/22/12 12:16 PM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: PeterT]
hifihunter Offline
Gunslinger

Made my day..made my day Peter.
Wish List: Outlaw Audio OSB-1, Oppo BDP-105, Fineline LCR-11

#91494 - 10/03/12 09:02 AM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: PeterT]
hifihunter Offline
Gunslinger

I got the email stating the OSB-1 is now available. It costs a bit more than I had expected but still very tempting. Decision.. decision...

#91495 - 10/03/12 09:52 AM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: hifihunter]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Hifihunter,

That is why we have a free 30-day trial.

In any event, supplies are limited due to a shortage of the DSP/control chip. The Atlantic version is oversold and several distributors were only partially shipped. That shortage also includes the Outlaw version. We are accepting orders on a date/time basis. Need we say more?

Peter

P.S. We expect a rave review on this product from a well-known industry magazine will be uploaded within the next week or so.

Peter

#91496 - 10/03/12 10:23 AM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: PeterT]
hifihunter Offline
Gunslinger

Peter,

It was not my intention at all to say the OSB-1 is overpriced. I hope I didn't give anyone that impression. I thought I read somewhere that it the price point would be lower. But that was a while back. Another fine example that one cannot trust everything that's said on the internet :> What you stated here is fair. I look forward to getting one in my home soon.

#91497 - 10/03/12 10:59 AM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: Scott]
Durask Offline
Gunslinger

Not a flame - but how does it compare to Yamaha offerings? Most of these do offer HDMI passhtrough, however the cheaper ones do have two piece units as opposed to one piece units and one piece Yamaha units are quite more expensive.

The main problem is that because of damn copy protection, if you feed HDMI signal into TV, the optical out of the TV will always output 2.0 audio only so the only way to get surround out of the soundbar is to hook up separate optical in from Blu-Ray player which is annoying.

#91498 - 10/03/12 11:14 AM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: Scott]
Durask Offline
Gunslinger

Also, I must say that I think this is a good move for Outlaw.

The market for high end audio is very flat, I think, most people want small portable audio that sounds good - iPhone docks, bluetooth speakers, soundbars, this kind of stuff and I think that outlaw would be the kind of boutique brand that may attract your average iPhone accessory buyer when they want to upgrade to something "high end". Heck, remember, Apple owners spend more money and that's a fact. smile

Would love to see something like Zeppelin Air from outlaw.

#91499 - 10/03/12 01:01 PM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: Durask]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Originally Posted By: Durask
The main problem is that because of damn copy protection, if you feed HDMI signal into TV, the optical out of the TV will always output 2.0 audio only so the only way to get surround out of the soundbar is to hook up separate optical in from Blu-Ray player which is annoying.

Yet another reason why having the HDMI connections on the soundbar isn't necessarily such a great deal.

#91500 - 10/03/12 01:28 PM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: gonk]
Durask Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: gonk
Originally Posted By: Durask

Yet another reason why having the HDMI connections on the soundbar isn't necessarily such a great deal.

?

If you have HDMI on soundbar then you feed HDMI signal into soundbar, soundbar outputs audio and passes video into the TV. Same as you feed HDMI signal through your receiver to your TV or projector.

#91502 - 10/04/12 10:52 AM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: Durask]
H Stevens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
H-Pas technology has now been successfully implemented in the development of tower speakers, bookshelf speakers and a sound bar. Will we see the development of an H-Pas subwoofer? Does it even make sense? Is it feasible? Would it sell?

If we look at the current trend in subwoofer construction and direction, there appears to be an appetite for sub 20Hz performance with output to match. The problem(for some) is that such a product requires a large high performance driver and a large enclosure. HSU, Rythmik and SVS are good examples with what they have brought to market in the last couple of years. However, not everyone has the real estate for such a large enclosure and others may just not want one. This is particularly troubling for those who require/want dual subs for their home theater.

Does H-Pas provide a solution? Can we develop an H-Pas subwoofer with a 10 inch or 12 inch driver, that can deliver sub 20 Hz performance with great output that will rival or surpass the large 15 inch ported subs that are being sold today? Does the H-Pas enclosure design make this a moot point because of it's structure that it will require the same size or larger foot print? Or can it be done with the foot print of a 12 inch sealed sub but obviously require more height? I don't believe that the height is an issue that causes some to balk, I believe that it is the foot print that creates the apprehension.

#91503 - 10/04/12 11:13 AM Re: Coming Soon to a Home Like Yours... [Re: H Stevens]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
At $799 the OSB-1 is a little too expensive for my uses. The Zeppelin mentioned above is also pricey for what you get. The OSB-1 would make a good iPod output device. For those with limited space it makes sense. Combined with an OWA and an M-8 it would do wonders for an apartment setup.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts