Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#9150 - 10/06/06 03:21 PM Totem Sttaf??
Mwg909 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Burlington, ON, Canada
First of all I'd like to say Hello to everyone on this forum. You have a great community.

After about 25 years my receiver finally kicked the bucket. I've done some research and decided to go with either the 990/7125 combination or the 990/7500 combination. Due to space limitations my current speakers (25 years old also.....couldn't hurt to buy new ones) need to be replaced.

I've listened to quite a few speakers in the $1000 to $2000 range, the speakers that I found that were most to my liking is the Totem Sttaf.

I did some searches in the forum and saw a few posts where people were thinking of buying the Staff but never replied confirming whether thay had bought them and how they sounded in conjunction with Outlaw equipment.

Is anyone using Totem speakers with Outlaw electronics?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mike

#9151 - 10/07/06 11:29 PM Re: Totem Sttaf??
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

The Sttaf is pretty much as close to being a "traditional" speaker as you can get. One woofer. One tweeter. Crossover. Cabinet. Average sensitivity and power handling. Good frequency response. In short, it's a very good speaker - but electronically / electrically it's like most any other speaker - both from Totem and from other brands.

Outlaw's electronics are pretty much as close to being "traditional" solid state electronics as you can get. They're essentially noise and distortion-free - and flat within the audible frequency range.

My point?

With any such pairing why would anyone expect that the pairing itself would be factor? I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that nobody using Outlaw electronics with Totem speakers would ever have a problem traceable to either brand's inherent "characteristics".

Just as I'd bet that nobody would have any concerns about the pairing of any other such electronics and speakers.

If your question was about the Sttaf itself, paired with the 990/7125, I suspect they would sound great - owing largely to the speakers, and not the electronics. (Again my point being that any clean solid state electronics, driving a traditional speaker, will not be heard.)

Totem speakers have never failed to impress me whenever I've heard them.

Jeff Mackwood

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts