Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#86615 - 03/24/11 10:13 PM Is this dead?
lanion Offline
Gunslinger

No updates in like a year. Is this product dead? Do I need to go to SVS and their new sealed subs?

#90137 - 04/21/12 01:14 AM Re: Is this dead? [Re: lanion]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
If you need sealed then SVS is a good buy. I haven't heard much info on the ECS of late. If you like solid and powerfull LFE for movies then go ported and get Outlaw's LFM series either the Plus or EX. This will give you the solid power you need. Outlaw makes great subs and with good value.

#91172 - 07/29/12 01:09 PM Re: Is this dead? [Re: beyond 1000]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
I would agree. The Outlaw subs are a good value and perform well. I've had years of good service out of my LFM-1.

I'm not sure what became of the ECS. If you want/need a smaller sealed sub, the SVS subs are well regarded too.

Best,

#91179 - 07/30/12 03:19 PM Re: Is this dead? [Re: Ritz2]
Scott Offline
Desperado

This product has been discontinued, but the forum had been left open for our existing ECS-10 customers. I apologize if this has led to any confusion!

#91227 - 08/06/12 10:01 AM Re: Is this dead? [Re: Scott]
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

As noted in another thread, about 2 years ago I heard an ECS-10 in use at a buddy's place and was very impressed. Thus began a quest to buy a used one for use in my family room (ie. secondary) HT.

Now either there were never many sold, or perhaps because their owners' loved them too much to part with them, during that time I never found a single one for sale.

However I had noted the odd post (here and elsewhere) that made reference to the ECS-10 being a re-badged Velodyne Crysalis Photon-10. With a little research I pretty much convinced myself that this was true.

So back in June I found a seller through Amazon.com that was selling new Photon-10s and had one shipped to a hotel I was staying at near Philly. I chose rush delivery and the total price, delivered, was $585US. I brought it back to Canada with me as checked luggage (no extra fees) on Air Canada, and other than an inspection along the way by TSA, it arrived unscathed.

It took but 15 minutes to unbox, install, and fully-calibrate it and I must say that I'm even more impressed with it now than I was on first hearing it at my buddy's place. It works exceptionally well with any source material thrown at it - be it movie soundtracks, music videos, or just plain old listening to stereo CDs.

I just checked and the Amazon seller still has some left.

I'm posting this not to encourage people to buy it rather than an Outlaw current offering, but rather for the benefit of those, who like I was, are only interested in the ECS-10.

I also suspect that should an ECS-10 owner ever decide to sell, that it will have held its value quite well and that a good price will be had for it - especially once the few remaining new Photon-10s are sold.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts