Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
Topic Options
#91219 - 08/03/12 11:53 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: ndskurfer]
fallout Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: ndskurfer
Originally Posted By: fallout

I have been wondering the same thing. It has been 2 weeks since this entry level processor was mentioned and we haven't heard anything more about it. Why did Outlaw even bother mentioning it if they weren't going to give us any details.

Please don't count on any updates, you will torture yourself waiting if it does take a while to come to market.

I believe Outlaw was hoping to keep this quiet till close to release. I can't imagine what conversations would be going on here if they did not hint at this replacement. Lesser of two evils?

I agree with what you said especially about the torture part.
I had been following the progress of the 978 for over a year. Then the bombshell about the 978 gets dropped on us. I'm frustrated like a lot of other people on here. The start of the fourth quarter is only a couple of months away and since outlaw mentioned this entry level processor I thought they would be a little more forthcoming with information. I respectively request that outlaw gives us something.

#91220 - 08/04/12 09:00 AM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: fallout]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Like I posted earlier, if they have been working on this processor for the last 8-9 months, don't you think they would at least have pictures or specs or something to show us. I think we will know when we are closer when Gonks' posting output drops below 3rd or 4th place on the list. I don't need an entry level processor. At this point I think I can construct a pretty good device from a PC for about the same price and know in advance exactly what date it goes on line. I followed the 997.998.978 trail since the beginning and won't follow this one closely at all.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#91221 - 08/04/12 07:26 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: XenonMan]
S. Sharkey Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
No, because they weren't expecting info for it to be released for public consumption. They are now trying to bring it to market early. If the timing is wrong for you, then Marantz will be releasing 2 new models soon. Maybe there is pictures of them.

#91230 - 08/06/12 07:17 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: Hank]
bobm Offline
Gunslinger

At least it has a name now “Model 975”, see announcement forum for beta tester info. Bob

#91231 - 08/07/12 01:05 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: bobm]
jam Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
I was looking for a 978 SQ level processor with room correction of Audyssey MultEQ XT32 pedigree or similar (Anthem ARC, Trinnov, etc.). This entry level Model 975 won't cut it for me. I want a processor with digital room correction and a DAC/preamp section that gives me high-mid to entry high-end level performance. The 978 was supposed to be that processor if we can believe the anecdotal rumors from the Outlaws.

I think that the only 978-like processor that Outlaw will be selling in a few months, as I had predicted two months ago but for different reasons, will be the Marantz AV7007. I'm hoping that Marantz ups the ante to XT32, which I have a feeling they'll do (if they're smart). I think most of you should look in that direction for a replacement to the 978. Those of you that can afford a circa $3K price tag should even consider the higher-end rumored Marantz AV8007.

I won't be wasting much more of my time dwelling on what might have been with this 997/978 grail adventure. It's very sad for everybody involved, Outlaw Audio as well as all their enthusiastic customers, but it's time to move on.

#91236 - 08/08/12 12:48 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: jam]
John Galt Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Time will tell. I'll be checking out the 975 when it shows up...I like the idea of a solid no-frills budget processor with decent sound quality. The HDMI implementation will have to be flawless, no dropped audio, no two-second pauses between tracks or when switching TV channels. Why do so many current receivers have these issues anyway? That would drive me nuts.

New features never stop coming...5.1 to 6.1 to 7.1, fixed crossover to multiple crossover, sub eq to room eq...how long until we see XT64? XT128? Where does it end? I'd much rather stick to an affordable budget and spend the extra money enjoying new music and movies.

Oh yea, the recent threads on customers getting their out-of-warranty 1070 receivers repaired for $75 plus shipping is another reason I like Outlaw. Bummer that those units broke down but it's probably less expensive to repair than mainstream brands.

It'll also be curious to see if the Outlaw's introduce a 1075 receiver based on the 975 processor...although I'm thinking they probably would rather see those potential customers opt for a 975/7075 combo.

-John

#91256 - 08/10/12 09:14 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: John Galt]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

I whole heartedly agree that the processor should be followed up by a receiver based on the processor. At some point the need for the latest Audyssey/ TRinnov/ARC/whatever is a minor consideration UNLESS the room you are using for your HT is whacked beyond control. Most of us wanted to see Trinnov implemented because it could spatially correct for multiple listening seats so that you could save different configurations based on where you wanted to sit. It would have been pretty cool to adjust all your speakers so they sounded the same even if they were different makes/models, but lets face it that feature can be corrected manually also. Buying new source material is likely the best bang for the $$$.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE

#91257 - 08/10/12 11:37 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: XenonMan]
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Originally Posted By: XenonMan
At some point the need for the latest Audyssey/ TRinnov/ARC/whatever is a minor consideration UNLESS the room you are using for your HT is whacked beyond control.
EVERY room is an equalizer. Properly implemented room correction minimizes the room's unwanted contributions, letting you hear more of what was in the source material. Why would that be a "minor consideration"?

#91263 - 08/11/12 01:32 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: sdurani]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

I am saying I would not base my decision to buy a processor on what version of Audyssey it has. Although almost any room can use some correction I would rather do it physically in the room than metaphysically in the processor. Audyssey XT versus XT32 isn't that big of an improvement over a room that has been adjusted to start with. If your HT is in a room which can't be adjusted physically, I don't believe any room correction can fully compensate the room. My main listening area in my Florida home is open to a space which contains about 12000 ft3 and has been adjusted pretty well by Audyssey XT on my Onkyo. It is nowhere near perfect but XT32 wouldn't do any better. My HT room in my other home is much better suited for HT and will need much less correction when it is done.

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#91283 - 08/13/12 07:39 PM Re: The new entery level processor [Re: XenonMan]
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I personally don't think they should have said anything about the new processor until just before it was ready. Don't want another repeat of vaporware not available for months or years until either it does come out, or it gets killed too.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM