Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#91051 - 07/20/12 08:32 AM Re: Only one regret... [Re: twitchy_one]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
They've used the formula of teaming with a manufacturing partner on nearly all of their products. Granted, the multichannel amps and the speakers used US partners, but the Model 1050, Model 950, Model 1070/970, and Model 990 were all developed using the same formula as the Model 978. Would it be cool to see a domestically-built Outlaw processor? Darn skippy. Could it happen? Maybe, perhaps even using a partner like ATI (who bought B&K a while back), but the price tag is likely going to be tough to swallow.

#91062 - 07/20/12 03:59 PM Re: Only one regret... [Re: twistybox]
shimrod Offline
Gunslinger

Question is, how much money has outlaw paid the O&M during the design process? If it's zero, that one thing. If outlaw has been subsidizing development of the design then my earlier questions still stand.

#91118 - 07/26/12 07:35 AM Re: Only one regret... [Re: twitchy_one]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
This time I agree with renov8r. I've seen posts that I completely disagree with:
1) It's not unethical, it's just being competitive. BS - it IS unethical!
2) Outlaw deserves this for trusting outsourcing. BS - I have several outsources in the U.S. and Asia and elswhere and after due dilligence, and years of partnership, I trust them. Sorry, a diversified company cannot make everything inside. And, Outlaw's unit volumes are TINY in the consumer electronics world. To manufacture that volume in the U.S. would probably double the retail price. There's future good news - in a few years, for a number of reasons, it will cost as much or less to manufacture in Mexico (and some products, in the U.S.) as it will in China. The winds of change are blowing - but that's another topic.
3) Let's boycott ALL big labels. Come on, that would make us look immaturely foolish. My guess is that it's a Harmon label, but my guess has no basis in actual information, so it's worth no more than any other guess.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts