Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#90819 - 06/26/12 09:50 PM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: twistybox]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: twistybox

Sure, there's corruption in China. There's corruption everywhere in the world to varying degrees. I don't think that has anything to do with the ability to make a quality product.

This comment is laughable and shows me that you have little real world experience or seat time in China. Sure, you can find corruption anywhere, but it is absolutely rampant in China at all levels of industry and government. In a number of other Asian countries that also do high tech manufacturing, it's much less so.

As for Apple's situation, they are big enough that they can manage much of what they care about in a hands-on manner. That doesn't seem to include caring about workers taking headers off the roof, but shave a few cents off the cost of a component or the labor cost of assembly and you've got their full attention.

Best,

Best,

#90820 - 06/26/12 10:47 PM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: twistybox]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted By: twistybox

With regards to BMW if you haven't owned an 8 year old BMW, it's not fair to comment. I have, and the previous comment is about repair costs is BS.

I just happened to know a few people who had a BMW over the years and enjoyed the car up until they had problems. They wished my comments were B.S. but unfortunately they paid and paid well for repairs. BMWs are good but every car breaks down. Some will kill your pocket book.

As for China their devalued Yuan and 10c labor is why the nothing is made in the USA. They pack em' in and spew them out. Lots of good quality in China but mostly garbage. That's how the USA companies make their money. Quality is job none. Not the manufactures fault but the company that wants to build it and sell it at Walmart. A $19.99 blender? Come on now what the hell for?

The 978's last photos from Scott screams "I am made in China" Nothing wrong to be made in China but just don't look the part that's all. Oops its made in the PRC (made in China looks like a $19.99 blender).

#90821 - 06/26/12 10:51 PM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: jam]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted By: jam
What if the supply chain manager buys lower quality capacitors, transistors and other components while pocketing the cost difference, don't you think that the finished product will be of inferior quality? Then like Ritz says, try suing them in a Chinese court... good luck!

It's the last line that's the clincher. BTW what kind of name is "OPPO"?

#90870 - 07/10/12 02:21 PM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: beyond 1000]
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
"Is there anybody in there"?
Wow...Two weeks and no one has been on this forum. At least nothing being said about the 978.
I don't know which is worse, talking about the silence from Outlaw Audio or listening to the silence of this forum.

It is a sad thing.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#90871 - 07/10/12 02:55 PM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: rubbersoul]
NRBQLou Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO USA
Looks like there's just no more candy left in the 978 pinata.
Oppo BDP-83, Sony UBP-X800
Roku Streaming Stick +
Music Hall mm5.1 table, Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge, Cambridge Audio 640P Phono Preamp, Pro-Ject Speed Box
Belkin Pure AV Power Conditioner
Audioquest Type 8 speaker cable, Monoprice speaker Cable
Mostly Monoprice interconnects

#90872 - 07/10/12 07:59 PM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: NRBQLou]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
*shrug*

I'm sure if/when they ever get around to releasing the darned thing, it will be accompanied by a copious amount of "See, we told ya it was coming" and "thanks for being patient." Meanwhile, it has been made completely irrelevant in the marketplace unless you're after a unit with few features and balanced pre-outs. I get no joy from saying that, but that's just the way it is. Seems like Onkyo owns the budget end of the market if you want an Audyssey XT32 processor at this stage of the game.

Best,

#90874 - 07/11/12 08:20 AM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: Ritz2]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
rubbersoul, there's nothing more to be said on our part. We are now returning Outlaw's silence with our own. Let's just stop posting and check every few days for an announcement from Outlaw, good or bad.

#90875 - 07/11/12 09:10 AM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: Hank]
twistybox Offline
Gunslinger

AT $1500 it will still have a market, even if it lacks some of the bells and whistles. However, personally speaking, I might skip it and just move up another bracket to something like an Integra 80.3 (or 80.4 when it's released) or a new Marantz AV8007 if it ever materializes. In getting closer/deeper with the Model 990 I already own, I'm really disappointed that even with its basic feature set, there's so much lacking in terms of control/automation - its RS-232 command set for instance is minuscule, and frankly, that's not something I'm going to settle for with a replacement. While SQ will continue to be my top priority, a new processor needs to fit into my setup and be able to be fully automated. And IP control is becoming increasingly important.

#90877 - 07/11/12 12:19 PM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: twistybox]
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
Right you are Hank.
All words of wisdom have been spent.
I agree withTwistybox.
I myself have loss patience and I have been looking else ware. The time frame had no revelance to me. My 990 is working fine but I would like to upgrade.
The silence is the killer.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#90878 - 07/11/12 12:41 PM Re: MultEQ XT32 goes mainstream (prices dropping fast) [Re: rubbersoul]
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
You know, if you naysayers are so damned fed up I am going to suggest that you do the "internet forum" equivalent of Seppuku -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku -- POST YOUR PASSWORD RIGHT HERE IN OPEN TEXT. That will allow anyone to take over you account, delete all your posts and tidy up the mess you've left behind.

Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts