Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#90608 - 06/13/12 12:52 AM Outlaw delayed power question... new model 7500
WudChuK Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

so i pulled the trigger on a new 7500...

to give everyone here an idea what i have used in the past here is a link to my setup.

WudChuK's Klipsch / SVS Setup

I just recently had some issues with my m200's... power up the system, start a movie or music and after about 20-30min in one would start making a crackling sound and would start fading the sound... reaching behind the unit and power cycling would fix the problem for the next 30min or so... then the second amp started doing the same thing after about 3 months from the first one... eventually it got bad enough neither would play for more than 5 min without issues... these amps were 7 years old.. i sold them for parts...

now onto the subject of this post.

i have a panamax 5100 surge/conditioner... it has a dedicated amp section AC power output that is relayed for power on. I have my denon plugged into it via the unswitched AC output. so the denon has power 24/7, and when powered on it sends the 12v trigger to the panamax to initiate the relayed power. i had my m200's on this routine their entire life. they just went from no power, to powered on via the ac relayed switch in the panamax... is there anything wrong with this procedure? and would i have any problems using this method with my new 7500 when it arrives?

if this is not acceptable, what would be the recommended way to protect the amp and have it triggered to power on?

such a great community here!

p.s. -

once an outlaw, always an outlaw!
Klipsch RC7 - Center Channel
Klipsch RS52 - Side Surround L/R
2x SVS PB13-U - Subwoofer
Panasonic - TC-P50G10
Sony BDP-S550 - BluRay
PANAMAX MAX-5100 - Line Conditioner/Surge
PS3 /w TVersity Media Server

#90620 - 06/13/12 11:51 PM Re: Outlaw delayed power question... new model 7500 [Re: WudChuK]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Welcome to Outlaw and to the 7500 which I also own. I have my amp on a Panamax conditioner but am not using any triggering. I just like to switch it on via it's own front power button. Perhaps the triggering on the panamax does not give enough voltage to properly turn the amps on and in time causes shorting or faulting on the amps' power switching. I use my conditioner as a conditioner only.

BTW I love your system. I too run Klipsch and a PB13 Ultra.

#90685 - 06/17/12 06:58 PM Re: Outlaw delayed power question... new model 7500 [Re: beyond 1000]
WudChuK Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: beyond 1000
Welcome to Outlaw and to the 7500 which I also own. I have my amp on a Panamax conditioner but am not using any triggering. I just like to switch it on via it's own front power button. Perhaps the triggering on the panamax does not give enough voltage to properly turn the amps on and in time causes shorting or faulting on the amps' power switching. I use my conditioner as a conditioner only.

BTW I love your system. I too run Klipsch and a PB13 Ultra.

when you mention triggering, you are speaking of the trigger cable 3-24volt connection...

what i am asking is there anything wrong with using the delayed power outlet on a power conditioner. most of the power outlets on my panamax has a "delayed" power on option so that it doesn't trip a breaker or damage anything when powering up everything at once.

i am looking into replacing my panamax with one of these based on the 20amp load rating of the 7500's required power.
APC Power Center

basically i am just curious if i would be damaging anything by using the delayed power outlet. which in turn would be just cutting the power to the amp on/off...

thanks!
Klipsch RC7 - Center Channel
Klipsch RS52 - Side Surround L/R
2x SVS PB13-U - Subwoofer
Panasonic - TC-P50G10
Sony BDP-S550 - BluRay
PANAMAX MAX-5100 - Line Conditioner/Surge
PS3 /w TVersity Media Server

#90695 - 06/19/12 12:27 AM Re: Outlaw delayed power question... new model 7500 [Re: WudChuK]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I can't see anything wrong with using delayed power control. It just sends power to the amp which in turn will load it's circuits until the blue light turns on. Does the APC have a remote to turn the amp on separately or have you hooked the whole system, including the tv, to the power supply so each time you turn the tv on the amp comes on?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM