Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 64 of 70 < 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 69 70 >
Topic Options
#90610 - 06/13/12 08:49 AM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: S. Sharkey]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
There are not too many Audio companies that rely completely on the internet for all of their advertisments and sales. The major manufacturers market their stuff through retail outlets and industry publications. If Outlaw doesn't keep its loyal customer base informed about new products and other equipment they might be marketing they wouldn't be in business a year. For all of those who have recently joined the ranks of people waiting on the 978, welcome. For those who have been waiting for the last 4 years through all the phases and lack of timely updates, hang in there. The Outlaws are sure to tell us which way they will go eventually.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#90611 - 06/13/12 08:58 AM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: XenonMan]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Model 997 Price and Delivery Estimates

Working samples are on their way to us now, but as you might imagine, we need to put them through extensive internal testing, numerous agency certifications and licensor acceptance tests, and finally, external beta testing by your fellow Outlaws. At the same time, the Sherwood Newcastle model is currently being field-tested, and any required hardware modifications or software tweaks uncovered by that process will be incorporated in the Model 997. This parallel testing process will help assure that this product will be as bug-free as possible from the very first unit, even as both companies break new ground with the first consumer implementation of the Trinnov Optimizer.

The introduction date for the Model 997 will be determined once the initial production of the Sherwood Newcastle R-972 AV Receiver is completed. Delivery of the first Model 997’s will follow shortly thereafter. At the present time, our estimate for the ship date is close to the very end of this year or early in January 2009. Please understand that this is our best estimate based upon what we know today and, as with all new technology products, it is subject to change. We’ll keep you posted on this date as we move into late autumn, and we will open a reservation list when the release date becomes “hardened”.

As to the Model 997’s price, we are working on the final costs but, as previously announced, it will be about twice the current price of the Model 990, with an estimated “introductory price” of $1,399. Don’t forget, original Model 990 or Model 970 owners will receive a $200 discount from the Model 997’s price.

For those who missed the original announcement of the 997/998/978 processors string the above is a quote straight from the September 19 2008 announcement. Haunting isn't it?

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#90612 - 06/13/12 10:03 AM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: XenonMan]
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
Since we're in "rehash mode" -- Trinnov receiver review

The reason the 997 was never released was because of the kinds of problems that plagued its "sister product". Beyond the obvious problems in the above linked review, reliability and even usability issues abound. If the people that run Outlaw Audio had a different set of ethics maybe they would have OK'd release of the 997 with all its issues and the firm would be swamped with returns, angry customers and generally in a far worse position than they are today.

I am satisfied that the list of tasks that were included in the earlier status update from this spring is largely progressing toward a release of the 998 that should enable sports fans to enjoy some big games during the 2012 NFL season and I trust that should unforeseen issues crop-up that will prevent delivery in that time frame the folks at Outlaw Audio will post details as to the direction of the product.

That spring update also hinted at various other products that were in various stages of development and it would seem useful for folks that like to post here to perhaps spend some time on threads dedicated to "future product plans" -- Your Two Cents -- Future Product Ideas from our customers

Of course I know there are those that have stated in those threads their desire for Outlaw Audio to devote all resources to nothing other than the 998. I think that is a little foolish and fails to acknowledge that certain steps of product development are more like pregnancy than construction -- while doubling the manpower for framers and electricians can come pretty close to halving the delivery time for a house, trying to hire multiple surrogates will do nothing to improve on the standard nine month timeline for a standard bundle of joy...

#90613 - 06/13/12 10:06 AM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: XenonMan]
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
Originally Posted By: XenonMan
...hang in there. The Outlaws are sure to tell us which way they will go eventually.

Reminds me of something the president of my previous company said. Something like: I know when I'm communicating enough because people are always asking for more.

Which I take to mean not enough so that you know everything but not so little that you loose interest.

#90615 - 06/13/12 01:06 PM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: beyond 1000]
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Originally Posted By: beyond 1000
I just like to interject in saying that nobody wants to see the demise of Outlaw...certainly not myself. I have been served very professionally by Outlaw when I bought my 7500 and I want to continue to do business with them. We are all fans of the company and as such choose to take fellowship with one another in this company and it's products.

The frustration here lies not so much in the delay of the 978, although that is a bit of an issue, but in the lack of company communication to it's loyal followers. Outlaw is obviously having development issues with complex products such as the 978 as it wants to release the unit problem/bug free. This may very well do them in as they have become lacks in their timeline in getting new products out.

The question here is that is the company progressing or regressing?

BTW I dealt with Scott and he is a good guy and very helpful. I just want Outlaw to do well that's all.

All of this is a nice way of putting the situation, especially the italicized part, IMO.

Edited by Kevin C Brown (06/13/12 01:07 PM)

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#90616 - 06/13/12 01:23 PM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: S. Sharkey]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: S. Sharkey
I can't think of another audio company that would regularly update the public the way some want Outlaw to. It isn't commonly done. It would be telling your competitors way to much I suppose.

I gave you an example already of another company that is providing much more frequent customer communication, actual presence on the user forums, monthly podcasts, presence at major trade shows (camping out in someone else's booth doesn't really count), etc.

Best,

#90618 - 06/13/12 06:23 PM Re: 978 Release Date [Re: renov8r]
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
I spoke to Jennifer at Outlaw and asked about 998 and she to me that is not happening. That the 978 is replacing the 998.
?????
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#90619 - 06/13/12 08:36 PM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: Ritz2]
S. Sharkey Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Ritz2
I can't think of another audio company that would regularly update the public the way some want Outlaw to. It isn't commonly done. It would be telling your competitors way to much I suppose.

I gave you an example already of another company that is providing much more frequent customer communication, actual presence on the user forums, monthly podcasts, presence at major trade shows (camping out in someone else's booth doesn't really count), etc.

Best,

Well I know you're an Emotiva fanboy, so your views on this matter are not exactly trustworthy. I'm not sure why you even hang around here since you disapprove of Outlaw so much and prefer Emotiva. I mean, what's the point?

BTW, I could give you a dozen examples of Emotiva getting themselves into hot water with customers with their more frequent communications/promises, but you'd still defend them, so...

Edited by S. Sharkey (06/13/12 11:32 PM)

#90622 - 06/14/12 05:17 AM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: S. Sharkey]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: Ritz2

Best,

Well I know you're an Emotiva fanboy, so your views on this matter are not exactly trustworthy. I'm not sure why you even hang around here since you disapprove of Outlaw so much and prefer Emotiva. I mean, what's the point?

BTW, I could give you a dozen examples of Emotiva getting themselves into hot water with customers with their more frequent communications/promises, but you'd still defend them, so...

I'm not trustworthy? LOL

I don't own any Emotiva equipment and I've said as much. I'm not defending anyone...just providing an example. You seem pretty invested in Outlaw for someone who doesn't own any Outlaw gear. I guess you're not "trustworthy" either? Why hang out in an Outlaw forum if you don't own any Outlaw equipment? *shrug*

I think most people would prefer frequent communication from a vendor, even if that communication isn't always what they want to hear.

Fanboy...hehehe....I like that. smile

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (06/14/12 05:21 AM)

#90623 - 06/14/12 11:33 AM Re: OSS? Now that would be a neat trick... [Re: Ritz2]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
It's frequent communication that expands communication from the fanboys to the outside audio circles. Just like networking we can become a soundboard FOR Outlaw in other forums or public if Outlaw gave information. Just like free advertising. There is Facebook, Twitter, etc. No news in this world is BAD news. You are either IN or OUT. The important thing is Outlaw must continuously fight to be IN. Outlaw really needs to get its marketing in gear because the big dogs are already advertising and have deeper pockets. Outlaw isn't going to outsell the larger companies but can still be in the noteworthy circles so when the 978 does come out people know their name. Emotiva is definitely doing a better job on this for a smaller company.

Page 64 of 70 < 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 69 70 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM