Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
Topic Options
#90432 - 05/28/12 09:20 PM 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE!
md Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Dear Outlaw Audio,

Greetings....

It is now time for the next update regarding the Model 978.

Good, bad, ugly, disappointing, or outstanding, regardless of the news, it is now time for a detailed update. Where does the 978 stand? How far along is the beta testing? Where does the firmware and software stand? What issues are holding up the release? Where progress has been made and what, if anything, is holding up the release?

Keep us updated, keep us in the loop, keep us interested, keep us an Outlaw Audio customer, keep us from spending money elsewhere!

Thank you in advance for your most timely (7 - 10 days hence) update.

Sincerely,

MD

#90433 - 05/29/12 03:48 AM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: md]
akiddoc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oakland, CA
That has been tried before. Without success.
Antique Sound Lab AV-25 (three)
Magnepan 1.6 (Stereo Unlimited mod) LR
Magnepan MC1 surrounds
Opera (mod) center
AMC subwoofer (mod)
Panasonic 65VT50

#90434 - 05/29/12 12:35 PM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: akiddoc]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I truly hope you are successful with Outlaw. Their updates have been brutal. The 978 for all we know at this time may or may not even be out this year and that is a real possibility. They seem to be perfectionists but perfectionism (added delays resulting) in this industry hurts companies. They may be further off release than we are led to believe. The only way to prove this wrong is for them to actually respond with a progress update.

Yes. How about it Scott this is your website and your customers are interested. You do post here.

Edited by beyond 1000 (05/29/12 12:36 PM)

#90436 - 05/30/12 02:28 AM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: beyond 1000]
jam Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
To be honest, after observing the MO of Outlaw these last 2-3 years, I wouldn't expect an update at this point until they almost ready to release the 978. I hope I'm wrong but...

#90437 - 05/30/12 06:25 AM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: jam]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: jam
To be honest, after observing the MO of Outlaw these last 2-3 years, I wouldn't expect an update at this point until they almost ready to release the 978. I hope I'm wrong but...

Agreed. They've stepped on their collective johnsons enough times already with respect to previous 978 announcements/predictions so I wouldn't expect to hear boo from them until things are very close. Personally, I'm skeptical that it will see the light of day at all and don't expect it to sell well even if it does.

#90438 - 05/30/12 02:30 PM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: Ritz2]
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
I can say that I am tired of reading about the what if's, maybe, the delay for this reason or the other. The end story is the 978 is not available now and probably is not going to be available for a few more months and perhaps not until Christmas. I think if people need a new processor they should not wait and hold onto their loyalty but rather they should be filling this forum with what they decided to buy and how it supports their HT and audio needs.
Honestly this has been a drag getting on this Forum wondering if there is going to be any news from (with all respect) P.T., or Scott.

Looks like Marantz has a new line of receivers that offer a lot at reasonable prices.
Will the gang at Outlaw be competitive on processor level in comparison to these new Marantz SR series receivers.

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Marant...Receivers.shtml
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#90439 - 05/30/12 06:23 PM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: rubbersoul]
jam Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
That's interesting news from Marantz rubbersoul. They've bumped up their model numbering to 007 with these new receivers. I usually google about once a month for news of a Marantz AV8006 processor and figuring that it was about time for the next increment in their modeling nomenclature, in the last few months, I've also googled for AV8007. I was coming out empty. But seeing the article you referred above, I googled it again and found these rumors, in of all places, the Emotiva lounge (posted by corbaatje):

"There are rumors from the Hifi Berlin show that this year the Marantz AV 7007(with Audyssey XT32?) will be out late summer/fall, and the AV 8007 with Audyssey XT32+Pro will be out this year or the beginning off next year."

If those rumors become a reality, this doesn't bode well for Outlaw, nor Emotiva for that matter. The 997 saga made Outlaw loose too much valuable time and the 978 has taken them too much time to develop, probably as a result of scarce financial resources for the project. If the Marantz processors show up within the same time frame as the 978, Ritz may be correct in predicting that the 978 will not sell too well.

It's interesting how the new Marantz SR7007 reciver has 6 HDMI inputs an 3 HDMI outputs. It's the first time I see one with three HDMI outputs.

#90440 - 05/30/12 11:53 PM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: jam]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
If those rumors become a reality, this doesn't bode well for Outlaw, nor Emotiva for that matter. The 997 saga made Outlaw loose too much valuable time and the 978 has taken them too much time to develop, probably as a result of scarce financial resources for the project. If the Marantz processors show up within the same time frame as the 978, Ritz may be correct in predicting that the 978 will not sell too well.

This is what I'm fearing for Outlaw and what Ritz stated in his post. They are falling back and falling off. I do love Outlaw or else I wouldn't post here. They need to make a decision with this and get it in the market. I think they have run into huge snags since Scott updated us last.

#90443 - 05/31/12 07:33 AM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: jam]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
That's interesting news from Marantz rubbersoul. They've bumped up their model numbering to 007 with these new receivers. I usually google about once a month for news of a Marantz AV8006 processor and figuring that it was about time for the next increment in their modeling nomenclature, in the last few months, I've also googled for AV8007. I was coming out empty. But seeing the article you referred above, I googled it again and found these rumors, in of all places, the Emotiva lounge (posted by corbaatje):

"There are rumors from the Hifi Berlin show that this year the Marantz AV 7007(with Audyssey XT32?) will be out late summer/fall, and the AV 8007 with Audyssey XT32+Pro will be out this year or the beginning off next year."

It's interesting how the new Marantz SR7007 reciver has 6 HDMI inputs an 3 HDMI outputs. It's the first time I see one with three HDMI outputs.

Doesn't look like XT32 is part of the mix, but the details for the new Marantz receivers are here:

Shipping in July 2012

Another nail in the 978 coffin, I'm afraid. The 7007 has a pretty complete feature set. The only thing really missing are balanced pre-outs, but I can live with that.

Best,

#90444 - 05/31/12 09:52 AM Re: 2012 June Model 978 UPDATE! [Re: Ritz2]
Retep Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tauranga, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: Ritz2

Doesn't look like XT32 is part of the mix, but the details for the new Marantz receivers are here:

Shipping in July 2012

Another nail in the 978 coffin, I'm afraid. The 7007 has a pretty complete feature set. The only thing really missing are balanced pre-outs, but I can live with that.

Best,

I wouldn't have expected balanced pre out's with a receiver, but perhaps it's more common than I realize.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM