Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#89983 - 04/09/12 04:02 PM 1070 in two channel
John Galt Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Hey gang,

My plan is to upgrade to a HDMI/lossless audio/room correction capable receiver soon but I like the sound of the 1070 so much that it feels like a real shame to sell it for the roughly $200-$400 that it would fetch these days.

So, I thought of moving it upstairs to my 2-channel living room set up but need a way to have the equivalent of A/B speaker switching so I can play music on my deck speakers or in my 2-channel living room setup. A speaker switch would be the easy way to accomplish this with the 1070 but I didn't really want to fork out the dough for a decent one plus extra speaker wire and have yet another component in the system if I could avoid it.

So, I found a way that works to my satisfaction --- thought I'd let others know in case you're in the same boat. The key is that I have a single analog source for the deck speakers. The speaker config is setup up as two fronts and two surrounds. The living room speakers are hooked up as FR and FL. The deck speakers are hooked up as SR and SL. I have a few digital inputs: blu-ray, satellite, apple tv and squeezebox. For each of these I use the 'stereo' mode on the 1070 --- some of the components have to be configured to output a stereo signal. I have the analog output from the squeezebox also hooked up to the SR and SL 7.1 inputs.

To listen to the deck speakers, I just set the input to DVD/ext 7.1. For in-livingroom use, just select a different input. In theory, you can use the 'Stereo 5' mode for both sets of speakers...haven't tried this yet though.

BTW, was considering either the Cambridge Audio 551R or Anthem MRX 300 for my new HT receiver. I'm not in the States so buying a Marantz through Outlaw isn't an option...ends up being a bit pricer here in Canada. Thoughts?

John

Edited by John Galt (04/09/12 04:05 PM)
Edit Reason: Subject changed

#90333 - 05/14/12 11:09 AM Re: 1070 in two channel [Re: John Galt]
Mr. Klptzyxm Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Washington
If anyone has a 1070 receiver in good condition, I am very interested in one for my office.

Thanks,

Mr. Klptzyxm in Washougal, WA

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts