Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 15 of 31 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31 >
Topic Options
#83697 - 05/15/10 08:23 AM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: XenonMan]
barumba Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the comments about the firmware updates for the BDP83. I do have the network connection, and check about once a month manually. Last I checked, about the beginning of May, I had the most current updates.
Cheers!

#83698 - 05/15/10 09:36 AM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: barumba]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Unless you manually load a public beta (using USB or CD), the network update will keep you current with production firmware only. That's not a bad thing, mind you. Just want you to be aware that if you want to use the public betas, you'll need to load one via USB. After that, you can use the network update and you'll have the latest every time (either public beta or a "beta"-tagged copy of production).

#83736 - 05/19/10 12:33 AM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: gonk]
Smarty-pants Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

OPPO OPPO everywhere! :p... lol

So is there a current list of features that the 998 definitely WILL have?... or are we still too early?

#83737 - 05/19/10 07:05 AM DSD to analogue direct [Re: SRW1000]
Swilp Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

(Apologies if this has been mentioned already)

I would like to see DSD to analogue direct in the 998, i.e. accepts DSD over HDMI and processes with NO conversion to PCM before the DAC stage.

This feature needs a true DSD-capable DAC e.g. ESS Sabre32 or similar.

#83738 - 05/19/10 07:18 AM Re: DSD to analogue direct [Re: Smarty-pants]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Originally Posted By: Smarty-pants

So is there a current list of features that the 998 definitely WILL have?... or are we still too early?

You ought to be used to OPPO discussion by now. wink

We do have at least a partial list from the original announcement:

• Multiple 3D-Ready, HDMI 1.4 inputs and outputs, including a front panel jack for connection to digital cameras and camcorders.
  • On the audio side, Dolby Volume, Dolby PLIIz, high-performance DACs and balanced audio outputs.
  • Also on the audio side, our commitment to the Trinnov Optimizer has not changed. We have heard and evaluated Trinnov and assure you that it is the real deal: far ahead of any room correction system we have ever heard, at any price. With this new product, we will implement Trinnov so that it works the way it is meant to be used - and heard! Trinnov is fully on-board with our plan, and they are now exchanging details with our engineering teams.
  • On the video side, there will be state-of-the-art video processing and scaling when you want it, and full bypass when you don't. The interface and menu system will be straightforward, easy to use and powerful, all at the same time.
  • Direct USB software upgradeability without the need for direct connection to a computer or the need for any loader programs. You'll simply download the new software to a USB drive when needed, plug it into the front panel, and the processor will take it from there.
  • Barring any unforeseen complications or component price increases, this new processor will be close to the price range of the Model 997.
  • $200 credit for past Outlaw processor customers will still be valid on this new unit.

I don't think we'll see more than that for a while.

#83746 - 05/19/10 10:21 PM Re: DSD to analogue direct [Re: gonk]
Smarty-pants Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: gonk
Originally Posted By: Smarty-pants

You ought to be used to OPPO discussion by now. wink

We do have at least a partial list from the original announcement:

• Multiple 3D-Ready, HDMI 1.4 inputs and outputs, including a front panel jack for connection to digital cameras and camcorders.
  • On the audio side, Dolby Volume, Dolby PLIIz, high-performance DACs and balanced audio outputs.
  • Also on the audio side, our commitment to the Trinnov Optimizer has not changed. We have heard and evaluated Trinnov and assure you that it is the real deal: far ahead of any room correction system we have ever heard, at any price. With this new product, we will implement Trinnov so that it works the way it is meant to be used - and heard! Trinnov is fully on-board with our plan, and they are now exchanging details with our engineering teams.
  • On the video side, there will be state-of-the-art video processing and scaling when you want it, and full bypass when you don't. The interface and menu system will be straightforward, easy to use and powerful, all at the same time.
  • Direct USB software upgradeability without the need for direct connection to a computer or the need for any loader programs. You'll simply download the new software to a USB drive when needed, plug it into the front panel, and the processor will take it from there.
  • Barring any unforeseen complications or component price increases, this new processor will be close to the price range of the Model 997.
  • $200 credit for past Outlaw processor customers will still be valid on this new unit.

I don't think we'll see more than that for a while.

Sometimes you need a break from all that man.grin
OPPO is so popular now... infiltrating all the roads, alleys, cracks and crevices of the internet.
That's a good thing though.
When a company like OPPO does something so well, you want to be a part of it, and you want to spread the word too. wink
For the same reasons, my interest has also now been sparked by Outlaw.

Those are some pretty nice features for the 998 so far though.
The part underlined kinda gives me goosebumps (in a good way). smile

Edited by Smarty-pants (05/19/10 10:25 PM)

#83747 - 05/19/10 11:42 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: Smarty-pants]
gonk Offline
Desperado

It is remarkable how widespread awareness of OPPO's products has become. As for the Trinnov stuff, I'm also very curious...

#83756 - 05/20/10 04:27 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: gonk]
redman6 Offline
Gunslinger

I'd say oppo's becoming the standard kit for almost everyone in the ht arena..

more speculations to come by the looks of it..

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790

#83763 - 05/21/10 08:50 PM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: redman6]
Jimna Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO
HiFi too, they do a great job with SACD and DVD-A also!

Outlaw 970>
Emotiva XPA-2>
Martin Logan Preface

Some Of My Live Recordings: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/J.Mimna

My Concert Photographs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimna/collections/72157613267633153/

#83788 - 05/26/10 08:43 AM Re: Feature Suggestions? [Re: Jimna]
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
Does anyone know if the USB connection on the 998 can be used with the iPhone for audio and video performance?
example youtube
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

Page 15 of 31 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM