Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#90192 - 04/28/12 10:46 AM Do amps need to be maintained?
MannyE Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA
I bought the original Outlaw 750 five channel amp which if I'm not mistaken was the first product Outlaw ever made (and which at the time offered more amp for the money than anyone else). Obviously, they hit a home run with that product as I am still using it daily in my HT to power the DefTech BP2002, CLR2000 and BPX rears. And it still sounds great with all channels seemingly going strong... and I rarely turn it off!

So...since it's been on since about 2001 and likely has thousands of hours of operation (if this isn't proof that Outlaw makes bulletproof products, I don't know what is) is it maybe time to have it shipped back "home" for a once-over?

I get where it's possible for the sound to degrade slowly from caps or resistors degrading over time and my ears wouldn't notice? Or is that hooey?

#90194 - 04/28/12 10:56 AM Re: Do amps need to be maintained? [Re: MannyE]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I don't believe Manny that the amp will sound worse. One day one of the components inside may just wear out and fail. If you plan to keep the amp for a longer time and it works just fine, a once over may be a good idea. Just ask Outlaw what their service is on that and what it would cost. I have a 7500 and I plan on keeping it for a very long time. Outlaw products are very solid and are keepers.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts