Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#89568 - 02/24/12 01:21 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: bwallen77]
AusTexRocker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, Texas
I am extremely happy with the Axioms. I had a pair of M60ti for a long time and moved those to the bedroom when I got the M80v3. Granted, I have never compared them to really high end speakers but they blew away the old Klipsch speakers I had before. I don't think I have really even experienced their full potential yet. Everytime I upgrade some other piece they blow me away all over again.

I know about the kids at home thing. My 21 year old moved back home with girlfriend and baby so my free choice time is suddenly limited as well.

Enjoy your new speakers!

Bedroom-Outlaw RR2150, Rotel RCD 1072, Dana Audio model 1

Blue Jeans connection on both

#89571 - 02/24/12 02:06 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: AusTexRocker]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
And I thought I was the geezer here! I have 4 kids but 3 are successful and 1 is a professional college student ;-) None of them live with me, so I have time for my kind of music and lots of movies. Are any of you guys DIY-ers? I've built several speakers over the past 10 years and have enjoyed it immensley, but don't have/make time for it now.

#89572 - 02/24/12 02:41 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: Hank]
AusTexRocker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, Texas
Maybe Austin is just a haven for us "old" music lovers Hank. I have condidered a DIY project for the preamp I dream of, but with no electronics background, I don't know where to begin. It seems like it should be fairly easy though.

Bedroom-Outlaw RR2150, Rotel RCD 1072, Dana Audio model 1

Blue Jeans connection on both

#89574 - 02/25/12 02:24 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: AusTexRocker]
unpossible Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Minneapolis
We are all going to be geezers by the time namesake of this particuar forum is available.

Sorry Outlaw...couldn't resist a setup like that : ).

While I'm bothering to post I'll address the original question in this topic - the Integra 80.3 seems the most intriguing to me, even though I'm not really a big Integra fan (not for any great reasons or any I'll bore people with...they just aren't at the top of my list). The thing is, if Outlaw can get their new processor out, there will probably be a lot demand (relatively speaking)...there just hasn't been many options for folks who want a processor, want current HDMI capability, but don't want to spend multiple 1000s of $ for one. The apparent added focus on audio would seal the deal for me, and XT32 will make it a no-brainer for many. I'm sort of waiting for Outlaw to re-engerize the hobby.

#89579 - 02/25/12 10:45 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: unpossible]
praedet Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Nebraska
I am trying hard not to go for a R-972 now that they appear to be working and can be had for $599. I REALLY want to wait for the 978, but the lack up updates is semi-unprofessional given a post saying there would be an update in early February...
Surround Sides: Slightly Modded Polk LSiFXs
Surround Rears: X-over+ Modded Polk LSi7s
Subs: Outlaw LFM-1 EX and Polk 505
Electronics
Sherwood R-972 (Waiting for the Outlaw (9XX)
Outlaw 7700 Amp
Oppo BDP-103
Signal Cable, Advanced Technology, and Outlaw Audio Cables
2 APC H-15s and an UberBUSS for good measure

#89587 - 02/27/12 09:27 AM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: praedet]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
I traded PM's with Peter last week. They have made significant progress lately (probably having to do with the China trip), but he does not want to post an expected production date here until VERY sure it would be realistic, as Outlaw has been called "liar" when previous estimated dates were missed, and they are very sensitive to that. Sorry, he gave no details. I did tell him the saloon is full of very restless cowpokes.

#89837 - 03/26/12 01:40 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: Zaigrith]
jam Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
I've wondered lately how Emotiva has come out of the blue with a new processor design in the XMC-1 that seems quite a step up and departure in design from the UMC-1. Most A/V processors and receivers from manufacturers usually follow a fairly modest path of incremental changes by adding new features over their previous generations without totally revamping the previous generation's design.

While I was on Audioholics yesterday, I came upon this recent preview: Sherbourn PT-7030 7.1 Channel Preamp/Processor Preview. On that page, if you click on the "Buy It Now" link, you'll be taken to the product's webpage on Sherbourn's site although it's not shipping yet.

As many of you know, Jade Design Inc., the parent company of Emotiva acquired Sherbourn Technologies in late 2010.

This new processor that will sell for $2499, shares a lot of similarities with the Emotiva XMC-1, minus video processing on the latter. It will also feature some flavor of Tact Audio's digital room correction as reported in the article: "Additionally, the PT-7030 includes a proprietary room correction system that was designed specifically for Sherbourn and is built under license from Tact Audio. This is actually a Sherbourn specific, professional caliber room correction package, and isn't the Tact Theater Dynamic Room Correction System.". OK, so they've probably made a few minor tweaks so that Tact can continue to sell their overpriced high-end processor.

Hmmm... Now I'm beginning to see a clearer picture here and it's starting to look like some of the design for the XMC-1 has been recycled from the Sherbourn design or perhaps been designed by the Sherbourn team. What do you guys think ?

Edited by jam (03/26/12 01:42 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#89838 - 03/26/12 01:48 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: jam]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: jam
I've wondered lately how Emotiva has come out of the blue with a new processor design in the XMC-1 that seems quite a step up and departure in design from the UMC-1. Most A/V processors and receivers from manufacturers usually follow a fairly modest path of incremental changes by adding new features over their previous generations without totally revamping the previous generation's design.

While I was on Audioholics yesterday, I came upon this recent preview: Sherbourn PT-7030 7.1 Channel Preamp/Processor Preview. On that page, if you click on the "Buy It Now" link, you'll be taken to the product's webpage on Sherbourn's site although it's not shipping yet.

As many of you know, Jade Design Inc., the parent company of Emotiva acquired Sherbourn Technologies in late 2010.

This new processor that will sell for $2499, shares a lot of similarities with the Emotiva XMC-1, minus video processing on the latter. It will also feature some flavor of Tact Audio's digital room correction as reported in the article: "Additionally, the PT-7030 includes a proprietary room correction system that was designed specifically for Sherbourn and is built under license from Tact Audio. This is actually a Sherbourn specific, professional caliber room correction package, and isn't the Tact Theater Dynamic Room Correction System.". OK, so they've probably made a few minor tweaks so that Tact can continue to sell their overpriced high-end processor.

Hmmm... Now I'm beginning to see a clearer picture here and it's starting to look like some of the design for the XMC-1 has been recycled from the Sherbourn design or perhaps been designed by the Sherbourn team. What do you guys think ?

Sherbourn has been a great company. I never even knew they were acquired by Jade Design until someone else here mentioned it recently. I think it bodes well for Emo's product line-up.

Best,

#89840 - 03/26/12 04:20 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: Ritz2]
jam Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Originally Posted By: Ritz2

Sherbourn has been a great company. I never even knew they were acquired by Jade Design until someone else here mentioned it recently. I think it bodes well for Emo's product line-up.

You can read it here on Audioholics.

#89841 - 03/26/12 04:42 PM Re: Alternative pre? [Re: Ritz2]
Compaddict Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Auburn,CA
I just bought a yamaha rxa-700 to hold me over for 329.00 and it works very well. It's cheap as hell and sounds very good.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts