Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#8888 - 09/18/05 03:09 PM Receiver help for two seperate systems
pickntrade Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I am trying to get an opinion on the Outlaw 1070 vs Denon 3805.

I am putting together two systems and while I'd like to go the seperate component route I'm already so far over buget(building a new house) I need to get the best bang for the buck for now.

One system will be All Klipsch
RF 35 mains
RC 35 center
RCW 3 rears in ceiling
and either an RW 12 or LFM sub
The room is 12x12 with 10' ceilings and this will be a dedicated Home Theatre/Music room for me. I'd like plenty of power but I know the Klipsch are very efficient.

The other system will be in a living room that connects to a kithen and is fairly large 28x17 open to a 17x11 kithen. WAF applys here hence the speaker package.

era design 5 bookshelf mains with the matching center and Sub and paradigm CS-60r in ceiling rears.

With this system I'm more concerned with music and not so much HT as this is really the wifes area and she could care less about HT. I will be running a second zone from this system to the bedroom so it definately needs to be 7.1. I know the era speakers are a lot less efficient and require a good bit of power.

Ok, now that I've told you my life story what would be your recomendation for both systems. I was thinking possibly the Denon 3805 for the smaller dedicated room running the Klipsch system and the 1070 for the living room area and possibly adding a couple of seperate amps to add some power for the era speakers and larger space.

TIA for any advice.

P.S. I also have an old Denon AVR 2600 Dolby pro logic receiver I'm currently using. Any ideas on maybe incorporating this for a while and possibly adding some seperate amps for additional power?

#8889 - 09/28/05 06:58 PM Re: Receiver help for two seperate systems
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i pmd you back, but i would sell that receiver while you can make a dollar or two on it.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts