Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#88513 - 11/25/11 01:12 AM Why is the server not responding???
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Gives me a less than confident feeling when this comes up and I can't get to the Black Friday super secret door sale.

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.42 Server at outlawaudio.com Port 80

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#88514 - 11/25/11 01:19 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: XenonMan]
ronald roberts Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

it suxs but at least i know it isnt only me cox cable has been a bear today

#88515 - 11/25/11 01:22 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
ronald roberts Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

hope they have it back up soon for your sake, im pacific time just little past 9 here

#88516 - 11/25/11 01:26 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
hoeffel Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I can't log in here in NJ either. Too bad for Outlaw... I was ready to spend some $$$ on speakers for my Outlaw receiver.

#88517 - 11/25/11 01:27 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: hoeffel]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Facebook has been a beeatch all day too.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE

#88518 - 11/25/11 01:37 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: XenonMan]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

I just learned from AVSforum that no subs are on the private sale.

Edited by eskendir (11/25/11 01:39 AM)

#88519 - 11/25/11 01:39 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

So much for all that private sale drama!!!

Edited by eskendir (11/25/11 01:40 AM)

#88520 - 11/25/11 01:43 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
No luck in PA either

#88521 - 11/25/11 01:45 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
SteelyNJ Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Almost 1:00 AM here, can't get to the sale page and have to work in the morning. Kind of annoying after giving Outlaw all that information and making sure to be by the PC after midnight.

EDIT: Just got this...
"A username and password are being requested by https://www.outlawaudio.com. The site says: "Protected-Directory"

Edited by SteelyNJ (11/25/11 01:47 AM)

#88522 - 11/25/11 01:48 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: SteelyNJ]
ronald roberts Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

i understand, i was taking the plunge into outlaw world, but i will wait a bit longer if still no good it might be emo for me i have to hit the sack soon got load in for a concert at 7 am in the morning

#88523 - 11/25/11 02:10 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
ronald roberts Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

dont get me wrong i just aint a patient person i was ready to drop some dough 2 days ago then the "great deals friday" so i figured id wait but now i cant even go in and get the plain holiday prices. I can call yamaha on p5md digital board right now some one would answer and i would have parts here tomorrow by noon

#88524 - 11/25/11 03:24 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

For those of you who have signed up for our private sale:

We deeply apologize for the site crash. So many logged in all at once that it overloaded the servers. We are working on it and hope to resolve it soon.

For those that are wondering, I can confirm that there are no subs included in this private sale. We periodically promote those products and depending on the time of year those sale prices can be very aggressive.(such as the M-8 on our Black Friday page)

When you finally see what is in the private area, most of the offerings will be high performance products from some of our colleagues. One of our very best products is offered at the lowest price ever.

Again, we are sorry for this access problem. In our eleven year history, no overload on this scale has ever happened to us.

Peter

#88526 - 11/25/11 08:46 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: PeterT]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

0800 am here in NC and still no access. Any idea how much longer?

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#88527 - 11/25/11 08:48 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: PeterT]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: PeterT
In our eleven year history, no overload on this scale has ever happened to us.

Peter

That is because we started discussing at avsforum and slickdeals about grabbing one of your subs. We all though there would be aggressive discount on the subs and have been eagerly waiting. Form the comments posted there, you will see how many of us were disappointed the subs were not included. Check the Outlaw audio owners thread over there to see the outrage of your loyal customers. What really makes this a private sale that required a secret web address and a site key is beyond me!

#88528 - 11/25/11 10:54 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: XenonMan]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Xenonman,

I just checked from here in Nothern Maine (visiting family) and after two attempts I could get in. I also checked our order log and we have already received a large number of purchases from the private sale area.(For those who have seen the deals, they can probably determine why this is a private sale and also why it lasts just 48 hours.)

While we are not the first company to encounter site crashes due to high traffic, we are probably the smallest one to suffer this problem.
If we ever do this again, we will have to find ways to handle so much traffic in a short period.

For now, we ask you to bear with us and keep trying. You will get through.As we have already seen, those few deals are worth it. If we happen to sell out" before you can get there we will commit to fill your order at that price on a future delivery.

Peter

#88529 - 11/25/11 11:05 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
I find this "private sale" humorous, nothing that couldn't have been attached to an email, like the black Friday sale. Seems to have generated a lot of interest but ultimately a bust for the consumer if you were looking for an Outlaw product! One amp, really.

#88530 - 11/25/11 11:16 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: Keta]
hoeffel Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Peter... I work for a website (www.allaccess.com), a radio/music biz news and information site, and yes, on occasion we have crashed due to high traffic. That traffic was driven by a breaking news story that generated a lot of interest. It is very difficult to prepare for that. Given the fact that you've heavily marketed this sale, and set a firm timeline, you should have added extra capacity to ensure that you could meet the demand, and not piss off your customers. When this happens to our site, we see it as a "good problem." However, we're not in retail. The fact that a) I can't get to the sale page, and b) I can't even get to the site to pay full price, on the #1 shopping day of the year, means that you shot yourself in both feet.

Love my Outlaw receiver. Wanted to add Outlaw speakers. Looks like that's not gonna happen... and there are plenty of other options.

#88531 - 11/25/11 11:33 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: Keta]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The deals on the non-Outlaw products (particularly the speakers) are significant enough that I can understand the desire to keep a few of these items "under wraps" - the magnitude of the discount and the fact that they can also be had through conventional dealer networks (which means people who have developed a fear and loathing of online dealers undercutting them) could make for some sticky conversations.

It also makes sense that these deals are mainly focused on non-Outlaw gear, because it is simple enough for them to run the sale prices for their own stuff on the "public" sale page. A big sale on subs or amps would have worked just fine without the private page...

#88532 - 11/25/11 11:44 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: gonk]
ronald roberts Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

i got in around 5 am pst but couldnt check anything out, been trying since then to no headway

#88533 - 11/25/11 12:58 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Ronald,

Try it now.

#88534 - 11/25/11 01:03 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: PeterT]
evan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: ny
I've been trying all morning and can't access it

#88535 - 11/25/11 01:12 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: evan]
needahremedy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thought it was just me. OUTLAW are you paying attention. If I can't purchase soon I may wait for the after xmas sales elsewhere. How about a redo or an extension on these offers?

#88536 - 11/25/11 01:54 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: needahremedy]
soccerdad Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Upstate New York
I looked at the Private sale products but but didn't try ordering anything. I was able to order the M8/OAW3 combo however. It took a couple of tries but the order went thru.
Samsung 60" 4k
Outlaw 970 still works great(just decided to finally upgrade)

#88537 - 11/25/11 01:55 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: needahremedy]
MICKWOODLYN Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

DON'T WASTE MY TIME IN THE FUTURE IF YOU GENIUSES CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO RUN A SALE. THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT FOR OUTLAW TO PUT THEMSELVES IN THIS KIND OF RIDICULOUS SITUATION!!!!!

#88538 - 11/25/11 02:09 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: needahremedy]
evan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: needahremedy
Thought it was just me. OUTLAW are you paying attention. If I can't purchase soon I may wait for the after xmas sales elsewhere. How about a redo or an extension on these offers?

By the time I get in everything will be gone

#88540 - 11/25/11 02:46 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: evan]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Still can't get on the site. I can't believe we are 14 hours into the super secret sale and the freakin server is still not fixed. WTF??

This was at 1349 EST
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.42 Server at outlawaudio.com Port 80

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#88541 - 11/25/11 03:19 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: PeterT]
gwhiz Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

In NC it's 2:15 pm and cannot access the server. Still getting service temp unavailable.
can someone just email me what's on sale.

#88542 - 11/25/11 03:52 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: gwhiz]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Please send me a PM with your phone number. You should be able to get in to the site now. I want to ask you a few questions.

Peter

#88543 - 11/25/11 04:32 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: gwhiz]
ronald roberts Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

i just got in also got a email from outlaw let them know they will take care of ya restored my faith in the of course im biased they are old audio eng like me....lol

#88545 - 11/25/11 05:19 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Finally got on the super secret door sale page. Couldn't get on until I used the link in the email I got this afternoon. The original links didn't function at all even when I typed the URL code directly. Nothing I want at the moment. I was hoping for an insanely priced OWA3. What a bummer...

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#88546 - 11/25/11 05:19 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
admin Offline

Gunslinger

Special Outlaw Private Sale Update

Dear Fellow Outlaw:

Despite the addition of additional server capacity to handle the traffic generated by our SECRET DOOR sale, some of you may have experienced problems with our web site due to the huge demand. We have also received some reports that your User ID and personal access key combination was not working. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have tested each of the unique keys to make certain that they work properly and the failures have been isolated to two primary causes. Please note the following hints to avoid any problems:

1) Copying and pasting the User ID and pass key will sometimes introduce additional characters/spaces into your unique log on. To avoid this, carefully type the user id and pass key into the log-in window rather than cutting and pasting it.
2) Your unique User ID does not include any special characters. When you type it during log in make certain that you do not include the ".","+","'" or "@" symbol.

For your convenience, your unique User ID and Pass Key are as follows:

Your private sale User ID is: xxxxxxxx
Your private sale personal Access Key is: xxxxxxxx

The link to the private sale web page is: http://www.outlawaudio.com/special/prs.html

Despite the addition of enhanced server capacity, it is possible that the high site traffic may periodically cause delays during peak periods. To help with that we have taken the following steps to ensure you are able to access the site and open the SECRET DOOR to our promotional prices:

1) We have extended the promotional period until Sunday, November 27th at 1:00PM EST.
2) We have created a special email address, specialsupport@outlawaudio.com for you to report any difficulties accessing our site. We will honor the special pricing for any authorized customers who report issues to this email address DURING the promotional period. Please be sure to include your User ID and pass key in your report.

Finally, we have received a few emails regarding the lack of subwoofers in our private sale. While our LFM series subwoofers were not behind the SECRET DOOR they ARE available at discounted prices in our annual Black Friday/Cyber Promo. For example, the LFM-1 EX subwoofer which normally sells for $649 plus shipping ($89.85) is currently available in combination with the OAW3 wireless Audio System, a total value of $887 for only $648 with FREE Ground Shipping included. That saves you $238! This special offer and more may be accessed through the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Offer link at the top of the Outlaw home page.

Best regards,

The Outlaws

#88548 - 11/25/11 08:04 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: admin]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

While the LFM-1 OAW3 wireless Audio System combo is a great deal for someone who wants a wireless system, for those of us who do not want it, is not such a great deal. It looks to me that you are trying to move the OAW3 wireless Audio System along with the LFM subs, which no doubt is what most of us were after. While it is quite all right for Outlaw to devise such a strategy to move the OAW3 inventory, what pisses me off is the anticipation that you built-up by asking us to sign up, saying "ohooo don't tell anyone...this is an exclusive private sale-by registration only", and then build up word of mouth chatter, only to offer other manufacturers product and only one from your own catalog. I was the one who started the chatter at avsforum Outlaw owners thread and put everybody on notice of this upcoming private sale. We discussed about the subs in general, and how many we were going to buy in the so called private sale, we were all eager and anxiously waiting. I kind of feel responsible for all the outrage and disappointment over there. I let my fellow members down. If I had to do it, I will not do it. I won't do it again in the future for sure. False hope then disappointment sure lingers for quite a while. Alas, no LFM for me as I have a strict budget of $560 for a sub and I was counting on this PRIVATE SALE!!!. well, the hunts sub goes on....

Edited by eskendir (11/25/11 08:06 PM)

#88553 - 11/25/11 10:23 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Fortunately Outlaw puts its subs on sale quite frequently with free shipping to boot. Have you thought about two M-8s.

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#88555 - 11/26/11 12:17 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: XenonMan]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: XenonMan
Fortunately Outlaw puts its subs on sale quite frequently with free shipping to boot. Have you thought about two M-8s.

I have the Energy S10.3 now and I feel that sub is inadequate for my room. I need the LFM-1 Plus at a minimum if not the LFM-1 EX.

#88556 - 11/26/11 01:06 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

The lfm plus is on sale for 548 right now with the owa3 wireless and free shipping. Can't see how that will be beat. You could always sell the owa3 for $100 or so on ebay. I would buy it from you.

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#88557 - 11/26/11 01:47 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
hifihunter Offline
Gunslinger

eskendir, not sure why think you have let anyone down. Your discussion on avsforum was based on speculation on what Outlaws would offer in this private sale. Outlaws never said they could offer a sub in the private sale. People involved in your discussion should know it's all but a speculation. You can’t blame yourself for a speculation that didn’t come true.

Edited by hifihunter (11/26/11 01:48 AM)
Wish List: Outlaw Audio OSB-1, Oppo BDP-105, Fineline LCR-11

#88560 - 11/26/11 09:21 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: hifihunter]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

^^^You are probably right hifihunter. I just feel that way.

#88561 - 11/26/11 09:21 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: XenonMan]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

The lfm plus is on sale for 548 right now with the owa3 wireless and free shipping. Can't see how that will be beat. You could always sell the owa3 for $100 or so on ebay. I would buy it from you.

I never thought of that. You got a PM.

Edited by eskendir (11/26/11 09:24 AM)

#88562 - 11/26/11 09:30 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

PM me through Outlaw above.

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#88563 - 11/26/11 09:52 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: XenonMan]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

PM sent.

#88576 - 11/27/11 12:58 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: XenonMan]
jishaq Offline
Gunslinger

Finally got on the super secret door sale page. Couldn't get on until I used the link in the email I got this afternoon.

Welp, you got a lot further than I did. I filled out the survey form (and I don't usually give that level of private information!) literally the moment after the invitation to the private sale landed in my inbox on the 18th. I was very excited! I was careful to supply all the information, and made sure it submitted without a 404, yet I have not received any email link to, no secret personalized password or login, nothing!

In reading the forums, it seems like I'm the only person this happened to. Everybody else is complaining about the server being down and their logins not working, yet I don't even have a login. Oh well.

I filed a support ticket and emailed the special email address, and have not heard anything back. It's too bad, it sounded like a cool idea, and I was dying to buy some new audio gear, but its execution leaves a bad taste in my mouth .

-Jeff

ps: Yes, I checked my spam folder and yes, I'm sure the form submission was successful; I write software for a living, I would recognize if there was an issue in these regards.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM