Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#88523 - 11/25/11 02:10 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
ronald roberts Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

dont get me wrong i just aint a patient person i was ready to drop some dough 2 days ago then the "great deals friday" so i figured id wait but now i cant even go in and get the plain holiday prices. I can call yamaha on p5md digital board right now some one would answer and i would have parts here tomorrow by noon

#88524 - 11/25/11 03:24 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

For those of you who have signed up for our private sale:

We deeply apologize for the site crash. So many logged in all at once that it overloaded the servers. We are working on it and hope to resolve it soon.

For those that are wondering, I can confirm that there are no subs included in this private sale. We periodically promote those products and depending on the time of year those sale prices can be very aggressive.(such as the M-8 on our Black Friday page)

When you finally see what is in the private area, most of the offerings will be high performance products from some of our colleagues. One of our very best products is offered at the lowest price ever.

Again, we are sorry for this access problem. In our eleven year history, no overload on this scale has ever happened to us.

Peter

#88526 - 11/25/11 08:46 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: PeterT]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
0800 am here in NC and still no access. Any idea how much longer?

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#88527 - 11/25/11 08:48 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: PeterT]
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: PeterT
In our eleven year history, no overload on this scale has ever happened to us.

Peter

That is because we started discussing at avsforum and slickdeals about grabbing one of your subs. We all though there would be aggressive discount on the subs and have been eagerly waiting. Form the comments posted there, you will see how many of us were disappointed the subs were not included. Check the Outlaw audio owners thread over there to see the outrage of your loyal customers. What really makes this a private sale that required a secret web address and a site key is beyond me!

#88528 - 11/25/11 10:54 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: XenonMan]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Xenonman,

I just checked from here in Nothern Maine (visiting family) and after two attempts I could get in. I also checked our order log and we have already received a large number of purchases from the private sale area.(For those who have seen the deals, they can probably determine why this is a private sale and also why it lasts just 48 hours.)

While we are not the first company to encounter site crashes due to high traffic, we are probably the smallest one to suffer this problem.
If we ever do this again, we will have to find ways to handle so much traffic in a short period.

For now, we ask you to bear with us and keep trying. You will get through.As we have already seen, those few deals are worth it. If we happen to sell out" before you can get there we will commit to fill your order at that price on a future delivery.

Peter

#88529 - 11/25/11 11:05 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: eskendir]
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
I find this "private sale" humorous, nothing that couldn't have been attached to an email, like the black Friday sale. Seems to have generated a lot of interest but ultimately a bust for the consumer if you were looking for an Outlaw product! One amp, really.

#88530 - 11/25/11 11:16 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: Keta]
hoeffel Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Peter... I work for a website (www.allaccess.com), a radio/music biz news and information site, and yes, on occasion we have crashed due to high traffic. That traffic was driven by a breaking news story that generated a lot of interest. It is very difficult to prepare for that. Given the fact that you've heavily marketed this sale, and set a firm timeline, you should have added extra capacity to ensure that you could meet the demand, and not piss off your customers. When this happens to our site, we see it as a "good problem." However, we're not in retail. The fact that a) I can't get to the sale page, and b) I can't even get to the site to pay full price, on the #1 shopping day of the year, means that you shot yourself in both feet.

Love my Outlaw receiver. Wanted to add Outlaw speakers. Looks like that's not gonna happen... and there are plenty of other options.

#88531 - 11/25/11 11:33 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: Keta]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The deals on the non-Outlaw products (particularly the speakers) are significant enough that I can understand the desire to keep a few of these items "under wraps" - the magnitude of the discount and the fact that they can also be had through conventional dealer networks (which means people who have developed a fear and loathing of online dealers undercutting them) could make for some sticky conversations.

It also makes sense that these deals are mainly focused on non-Outlaw gear, because it is simple enough for them to run the sale prices for their own stuff on the "public" sale page. A big sale on subs or amps would have worked just fine without the private page...

#88532 - 11/25/11 11:44 AM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: gonk]
ronald roberts Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

i got in around 5 am pst but couldnt check anything out, been trying since then to no headway

#88533 - 11/25/11 12:58 PM Re: Why is the server not responding??? [Re: ronald roberts]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Ronald,

Try it now.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM