Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#8831 - 08/05/05 08:58 PM Re: Revelation
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by painttoad:
no more burnin paint on the 'volks',meangene?

'bout time :p
They are a significant improvement and yes there is no longer a smell coming from the burning paint Volfenhags.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#8832 - 08/05/05 09:04 PM Re: Revelation
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
my only question is this, why not 18s? its like wheels for your car, everyone rolls around on 15s, but you dont see that many 18s, yet they are so much nicer... :-)
The box's I'm using now will only hold 15's but I have a cabinet that I am thinking about adding a couple of 18's to. But, that means I'll have to get a Sampson S4000 to drive them with. laugh At this point I'm really not sure if I need them. The room is such that the LFE is greater within the house with the front door open. My daughter played a U2 DVD the other night @ reference and we hit 105-109 db in the middle of the room. For me that's more than loud enough. (Cal. Outlaw 950 tone 76 db). At that level the twin Mesa/Boogie amps were running with only the first set of LED's lit and the second set barely flickering. The first LED comes on at 12.5 watts (-12 db); the second at 50 watts (-6 db) and all three at 200 watts. The Sampson S1000, running the twin Avalanche 15's, was just starting to lite it's third LED. So there was room to go if I wanted.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#8833 - 08/05/05 09:49 PM Re: Revelation
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by MeanGene:
Quote:
[b] my only question is this, why not 18s? its like wheels for your car, everyone rolls around on 15s, but you dont see that many 18s, yet they are so much nicer... :-)
The box's I'm using now will only hold 15's but I have a cabinet that I am thinking about adding a couple of 18's to. But, that means I'll have to get a Sampson S4000 to drive them with. laugh At this point I'm really not sure if I need them. The room is such that the LFE is greater within the house with the front door open. My daughter played a U2 DVD the other night @ reference and we hit 105-109 db in the middle of the room. For me that's more than loud enough. (Cal. Outlaw 950 tone 76 db). At that level the twin Mesa/Boogie stereo amps were running with only the first set of LED's lit and the second set barely flickering. The first LED comes on at 12.5 watts (-12 db); the second at 50 watts (-6 db) and all three at 200 watts per channel. The Sampson S1000, running the twin Avalanche 15's, was just starting to lite it's third LED. So there was room to go if I wanted. [/b]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#8834 - 08/05/05 09:52 PM Re: Revelation
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] my only question is this, why not 18s? its like wheels for your car, everyone rolls around on 15s, but you dont see that many 18s, yet they are so much nicer... :-)
The box's I'm using now will only hold 15's but I have a cabinet that I am thinking about adding a couple of 18's to. But, that means I'll have to get a Sampson S4000 to drive them with. laugh At this point I'm really not sure if I need them. The room is such that the LFE is greater within the house with the front door open. My daughter played a U2 DVD the other night @ reference and we hit 105-109 db in the middle of the room. For me that's more than loud enough. (Cal. Outlaw 950 tone 76 db). At that level the twin Mesa/Boogie stereo amps were running with only the first set of LED's lit and the second set barely flickering. The first LED comes on at 12.5 watts (-12 db); the second at 50 watts (-6 db) and all three at 200 watts per channel. The Sampson S1000, running the twin Avalanche 15's, 500 watts per channel @ 4 ohm, was just starting to lite it's third LED. So there was room to go if I wanted. [/b]
[/b]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#8835 - 08/05/05 11:45 PM Re: Revelation
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

#8836 - 08/06/05 10:24 AM Re: Revelation
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Charlton:
Gene,

I apologise if this is "off the subject", but I was curious if you'd ever done a thorough run down on your equipment in this forum? I did a search and couldn't seem to find anything. If I've overlooked your posting, please forgive me.

Wayne
The last couple of years the my system has gone through a lot of changes. So right now I would probably need a "running run down" smile What did you have in mind?

If you go to the MeanGene web site there is a fair amout of informtion on my equipment. Just click on one of the pictures and then use the direction arrows (next). That will provide you with a description of each component.

Start Here

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#8837 - 08/06/05 01:42 PM Re: Revelation
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

#8838 - 08/09/05 01:47 AM Re: Revelation
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#8839 - 08/09/05 01:51 AM Re: Revelation
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#8840 - 08/09/05 01:53 AM Re: Revelation
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Charlton:
[b]
Quote:
[b] If you go to the MeanGene web site there is a fair amout of informtion on my equipment. Just click on one of the pictures and then use the direction arrows (next). That will provide you with a description of each component.

Start Here
Gotcha smile . Thanks! [/b]
You will notice when you get there that I am a KISS member. Keep it simple stupid. I don't necessarily go for the latest trends, but hold for the equipment that makes since and provides the best sound for the money/time. This is probably why I own a 950, M200, and most of the Outlaw cables they make. Although they really aren't Outlaws until they make a good tube amp, in my opinion.[/b]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM